Bruises (Last Chapter)

OC x Joker (in case you forgot.🤡)

Angel sat in her room, rubbing her flat stomach, while staring at the ceiling.

She had just finished watching her boyfriend shoot Murray the tv host two times in the head on live television and it mortified her.

Her entire life had been flipped upside down since she had found out that she was carrying the child of a cold blooded murderer.

Sophie had been very kind by consoling her, but nothing really made her feel better.

She missed the shy brun she found on the ground getting jumped by a group of children.

She missed the soft kisses and laughter...

The playful banter and dancing...

Watching him perform at a stand up comedy club, even though he was pretty bad at it...

Tears streamed down cinnamon brown cheeks as Angel recalled the memories they made together.

Arthur had made himself a big part of her world and here he was, destroying it.

Killing people.

So many people.

She dragged her fingers down her face before exhaling.

Ding.

Dong.

Maple syrup brown eyes widened before she pulled herself out of bed and ran to the front door.

As soon as she opened the door she froze.

"Angel. Please."

"..."

"I'm bleeding."

She looked at the dark crimson staining his shirt and vest.

"Once I'm done, you have to leave."

His green eyes softened. "Love-"

"Please don't call me that."

"Why?"

"You killed-" Angel's voice cracked as more tears fell down her face. "W-Why?"

"..."

"W-Why did y-you kill them too?"

"..."

"A-And Murray..." She continued to sob as she hugged herself.

"Let me in Angel." Arthur pressed a pale hand against the glass part of the screen door.

"You're going to kill me."

"I won't kill you."

"..."

He took a deep breath. "I promise I won't. I-I don't want to hurt you or our baby..."

"..."

Blue tears started streaming down his face. "Angel please. I love you."

"You never came back."

"I'm back now."

"But you promised me then...how does that make your words solid now."

"What do you want me to do?"

"..."

"Love, I don't have all night. If you leave me out here, I'm going to Arkham."

Angel exhaled and pressed her forehead against the screen door before unlocking it.

Arthur stepped back and waited for her to open it on her own.