Stormy Days

Fem!Reader x Arthur

A loud roar of thunder ripped (Y/n) from her sleep.

It wasn't necessarily the sound of thunder that startled her.

It was the way it seemed to amplify as it sounded across the obsidian sky.

Thunder in Gotham had manifested the ability to sound almost monster-like; echoing throughout every household as it raged on.

(Y/n) hated how it could get louder even if it started low.

Clenching her (e/c) eyes shut as another roar of thunder filled the air, filling (Y/n)'s mind with panic.

Her mind was racing with ways to escape the torture of the booming sound as she cowered under her duvet to evade the lightning.

Arthur.

Arthur.

Arthur.

The man's name was all that was filling her mind as she mustered up the courage to leave her bed.

If I'm fast enough....I can call him before the thunder sounds again.

But when was the last boom of thunder?

She waited quietly, panting softly as her mind frantically tried to recall how long ago it had been.

It seemed as if the sky was waiting for her to act first.

This is my chance.

Three.

Two.

One.

She managed to sprint to her living room and grab her house phone.

He lived on the floor below her and she wasn't sure if he was sleeping at-

Her eyes narrowed at the clock on her microwave.

-he was probably sleeping at 4:21 AM.

The phone rang but never answered.

Thunder boomed throughout the house as tears started to stream down her cheeks.

"Damn it, Arthur." She curled up in a ball on the floor as she started to shake. "Where are you?"

Frantic knocking caught her attention before another boom of thunder filled her house, leaving her paralyzed on the floor.

"(Y/N)!"

(Y/n) bolted to the door with blurry eyes in the dark, ignoring the pain she felt as she stumped her toe on a small coffee table as she made her journey towards the door.

She opened the door in an incredible hulkish manner before tackling the scrawny man.

Regardless of his stature, he didn't shift much as he held her close.

Arthur let out a relieved sigh as he pressed his face into her hair.

(Y/n) was the only one who had tried to befriend him and he was always grateful for her.

Whenever he got beat up or humiliated at work, she'd give him chocolate chip cookies and read him stories while he rested his head on her lap.

What really brought them together was (Y/n)'s astraphobia. She was getting therapy for it, but her therapist had suggested that she find someone to be with her during thunderstorms to make sure she didn't hurt herself during a panic attack.

Arthur had offered to be that person and had yet to be replaced.

He had gotten so good at it, that she didn't always have to call him.