Hell Fire

Fem!Reader x Joker

(Y/n) ran down the flaming streets of Gotham.

Ever since the Joker killed Murray on television, the city had practically gone up in flames.

Ambulances had been flipped and policemen were being tortured, barely breathing lumps and gasoline-stinking carcasses littered the street and hundreds of masked people ran around attacking anyone who looked like they had money or didn't agree with their ideologies.

Was she surprised by it all?

No.

But she was almost certain that most of the things she had seen tonight were going to require a few years of therapy to erase from her mind.

She had watched a clown crush a man's skull open and another rip out a rich man's stomach with a knife.

It had all happened so fast.

Join or die seemed to be the motto, so she clung to the shadows of the night with the hopes of staying there until everything died down.

That plan got chucked out the window when an ambulance nearly clipped her as she moved off the pavement and crashed into a police car.

The clowns driving got out and looked in the police car before gently dragging a familiar clown out the back seat.

"Aye."

She blinked as a masked clown looked at her. "You from around here, sweetheart?"

She was silent for a few seconds, contemplating her response.

Well. You know what they say.

If you can't beat em', join em'.

(Y/n) inhaled sharply as the man yanked her into the street.

"You listenin' lady?" He tilted his head while the other clown that was with him examined the Joker's body.

He looked dead, blood spilling from his nose and a gash on his forehead.

"He's hurt?" She started, stepping forward in a curious manner.

The other clown looked up. "You can help him?"

"I know CPR and a little first aid."

The man holding her wrist tightly released her before watching the young woman clad in an ebony turtleneck and white plaid slacks approach their "leader".

She crouched before him softly touching his neck and wrists to find his pulse.

"He's alive." She commented before examining him for any other bloody injuries. "He must of hit his head really hard."

"Can you wake him up?"

"He'll wake up on his own."

Gentle fingers plucked the glass out of his stringy green hair.

"I'm not a doctor or anything grand...so I don't think I'm qualified to do anything more than see if he's alive."

The man closest to her grunted.

"Fine. You keep an eye on him then." The masked man crossed his arms. "Keep the police away from him and get him somewhere safe."

She nodded understanding his order.

"Can one of you help me carry him?"

The guy who had grabbed her arm earlier scoffed before flipping over a shopping cart that laid on the side of the street. "Here ya go, princess."