Chapter 21

Henry's POV.

It was about 2:00 am when I heard a strange noise coming from Roses room. It wasn't a normal sound that I was used to hearing. I jumped out of bed quietly and grabbed a pocket knife from behind one of my pictures. I ran softly against the floor to Rose's room. I didn't see her, she was gone. I searched her room for about 20 minutes. Then my watch started beeping, I made sure I didn't wake anybody up and I jumped out of the window.

*At the man cave*

"I think I know what the problem is.", I say in a gloomy way.

"What is it then?", Captain Man asks.

"My girlfriend was kidnapped or has gone missing.", I say.

"I'm sorry bud, but we've gotta go now if you want to save her.", he says.

"Okay.", I say.

My eyes start filling up with tears and before you know it I was letting them fall down my face. I brush the tears off of my face and do my usual. I chew a piece of gum and blow a big bubble that changes me into my costume.

"Up the tube.", I yell.

Captain Man and I run to wherever he said we need to go. We were going into this church it looks abandoned. Captain Man uses a thermal energy device to detect if there are any lifeforms in there. We see about 3 or 4 bodies walking around a girl in a chair and I know that it's Rose.

"Okay so we are going to run around back and bust through a window. You're gonna grab your girlfriend and I've got the guys.", He says and asks "You got the plan?"

"Um yeah.", I say.

We run around back and bust a window open. Captain Man runs over to the guys punches one in the stomach then bashes their head in a wall. He tackles the others while I run over to Rose and I cut the ropes with that pocket knife I grabbed earlier. She was knocked out and her head was bleeding. I grab her bridal style and run back to the Man Cave. I lay her down on the couch. I run over to the medical room to grab her a cloth that is wet. I walk back over to her to see her awake. She sees me and smiles.

Rose's POV.

"What happened?", I ask.

"Well I'll tell you when Captain Man gets back.", says Henry.

He puts a cloth on my head for some reason. Then I feel the pain of the cloth touching a cut on my head. Henry takes the cloth off and kisses my forehead.

"I'm sorry this happened.", Henry said to me as captain man walked into the room.

"Thanks now you can tell me what happened.", I said.

"Okay well you were sleeping and I heard noises coming from your room. I didn't know why there were noises, so I got up, grabbed a pocket knife, and ran quietly to your room. You were gone. I searched everywhere for 20 minutes then I came her and left with Captain Man to save you. Now you're here.", he says.

"Thank you.", I say with a smile.

I quickly peck his lips and hug him tightly. He seems so strong for a 14 year old.

"Henry.", I say.

"Yeah, what is it.", he asks.

"Y-your my hero.", I say while blushing.