Chapter 23

Rose's POV.

I woke up at 7:30 am this morning. I grabbed some clothes out of my dresser and took a shower. When I was done I dried myself off with a towel, put my clothes on, and blow dried my hair. I then put it in a French braid and put on a bow near the top where the hair connects in the middle.
I was going to wake up Henry so I walked into his room, he was asleep so I would wake him up a special way. I had a perfect view of his face so I took the chance. I ran over to him and planted my lips on his. He jumped a little and opened his eyes.

Henry's POV.

I woke up this morning to something quite nice. My girlfriend was kissing me. She backed up from me when she saw my eyes open.

"Good morning babe.", she says with a smile.

"Good morning. You know that's something I like waking up to.", I say with a smirk.

"Sure, you just like the kissing part.", she says rolling her eyes.

I get up grab, her hand, and pull her on to my bed. She sits in front of me, still holding my hand, her hair looks amazing.

"Everyday when I look at you I always think I'm so lucky to have you and I'm right.", I say while looking into her eyes.

"When I'm in bad situations I always think of you because you make me feel alive and you're like my angel. I feel safe with you in my thoughts, I know I can count on you to protect me and save me.", she says and her eyes filling up with tears.

"Well you can because I got your back. I won't let anything happen and if something does I will always be there to protect you.", I say, smiling.

"I know you will.", she says half way smiling.

She crawls over to me and squeezes me tightly, she then lays on top of me and presses her lips to mine.

"I-I love you.", she says.

"I love you too.", I say back.

Rose's POV.

Henry got out of his bed and changed. He grabbed his penny board and let me use an extra one. We left his house and skated to the park. I could tell that Henry was bout to plant a big fat kiss on my lips, but then the b**** from school sat down next to Henry. she started twirling her hair.

"Hey Henry. You wanna go out?", asks Jade.

"Umm I-." He said but was cut off by her lips crashing into his. I was about to run away, but Henry pushed her away.

"I HAVE a girlfriend.", he yelled, then
hugged me.

"Why do you want that worthless piece of crap?", she asks.

"Because I love her and I think you should stop with the name calling unless you were talking about yourself.", he says.

I start giggling and then in squeeze him tighter.

You wanna just go watch a movie?", I ask.

"Yeah, by the way thanks for what you said to her.", I say.

"I told you I don't want anybody to hurt you.", he said sighing.

"Let's go catch that movie.", he says, but then his watch starts beeping.

I sigh and say, "Henry, just go."

He doesn't move he just stands there like a statue.

"I'll be fine.", I say. I look both ways before crossing the street, "all clear.", I say to myself. Right when I walk across the street a car comes speeding down the road.

"Rose watch out!", Henry yells.

I feel something hit me, but it doesn't feel heavy it was light. I get up into a sitting position and I see Henry lying on the ground not moving.

"HENRY!", I yell.

I start bawling my eyes out. I couldn't believe he loved me enough to make sure I wouldn't get hurt.
I try to get him off the ground. I grab his arm and swing it over my shoulder. We get off the road and I put him on a bench. I pull my phone out of my pocket and call Mrs. Hart.

*phone call*

Mrs. Hart: Hi Rose.

Me: I need you to get here right away.

Mrs.Hart: Why? Where are you?

Me: Well Henry saved my life, but risked his own life and I don't know what's going to happen. I'm near the park.

Mrs. Hart: Don't panic. I'm on my way.

*end of conversation*

Mrs. Hart arrived with a medical bag. it contained lots of things. She checked his heartbeat which was very slow. It seemed like he was in a coma. He didn't move, you could barely see his chest moving up and down.

"Is he going to be okay?", I ask with my head on his chest listening to his heart beat.

"I don't know. We would have to bring him to a hospi-.", she says with an interruption.

Henry was coughing and taking very fast deep breaths.

"Oh my gosh Henry.", I scream.

I crash my lips into his and hug him gently.

"I thought I lost you forever.", I say while crying.

"I don't know where I am or what happened.", he says.

His mom gives him a long hug and kisses him on the cheek.

"We'll tell you after we take you to the hospital.", says his mom.

We arrive and he gets a room. The doctor checks him up. We'll need to take immediate procedures on his broken arm. I'm going to have to ask you guys to leave.

Henry's POV.

The nurse walks in and asks what color cast I would want.

"May I please have the red one?", I ask.

"Yes you may.", she says back.

She wraps my arm up with all the things I need for it to heal. I wonder if Captain Man was worried.

I hear someone knock on the door.

"Who is it?", I yell.

"It's Roselina.", says the person.

"Ummm who?", I ask again.

"It's Rose you big dummy.", she says and then giggles.

"Come in.", I yell.

She comes in and tells me about everything that happened. I was surprised that I loved her som much to risk my life.

"I'm more than glad that you're okay.", she says to me.

I then feel her, warm soft, lips touch mine. I put my hand with the cast on her back and the other on her butt. I don't really think she minded.

"I'm right here with you and there's no place is rather be. I now know that my love for you is strong.", I say.

"Oh Henry, I think I've known that for awhile.", she says.