Candy Temptations

The young Shinigami of the forth division realized Isane was watching him. "Is something the matter Kotetsu fukutaicho?"

"I'm just wondering how you can be so calm about all of this Yamada. You're completely calm despite the fact you know Unohana Taicho is dead."

Hanataro looked up at the ceiling. "I guess one of the reasons I'm able to remain calm is because I know she wouldn't want me to be any other way. She'd want me to focus on treating the patients."

"You're also not bothered by the fact you're having to treat the Quincy. They've killed some of our own."

"Unohana Taicho never had a problem with treating the enemy. When it comes to our job there is no enemy." Hanataro looked at the tall female, his eyes reflecting confusion. "You should know this."

"I know. I know. It's hard treating them in a positive manner when I'm having to heal injuries that they've caused."

"Technically we're having to heal injuries that we've caused on them as well. People hurting others is wrong." The young Shinigami tilted his head. "Something is really bothering you here, is it not?"

"Yes. I worry about you. I worry about you, Hitsugaya Taicho and Kusajishi Fukutaicho. The three of you have dealt with so much."

"I think Kusajishi Fukutaicho will bounce back just fine. She's got that kind of personality." Hanataro smiled at the tall fukutaicho. "As for myself... it's my job as the oldest of the younger Shinigami to be strong so they don't have to worry." The young Shinigami pulled back his sleeve and showed of his non-existent arm muscle. "See?"

"I see..." Isane felt the corners of her mouth twist up. The tall woman didn't want to laugh at the younger Shinigami's antics despite the fact she knew how childish Hanataro sounded right then. "Next to be checked on is Madarame and Ayasegawa. We have them in the same room as each other."

"I'll check in on how they're doing." Hanataro held up two fingers.

"Are you sure. I mean..." Isane took a deep breath.

Hanataro blinked a couple of times at the older female. "Something the matter?"

"Seriously... you know who caused their injuries, right?"

Hanataro slapped the palm of his hand with his fist. "Oh yeah. They were injured by Hitsugaya Taicho's zampaktuo. Why should I be worried about that? We've treated Kyoraku Taicho for injuries caused by Hyorinmaru before."

"This time it was actually Hitsugaya Taicho who caused the injuries. You do realize that... don't you."

"Of course I do. I know he didn't mean to. Plus... I always take care of the eleventh division care. You have enough problems on your hand taking over Unohana's duties. Nobody else will take care of them."

Isane sighed. "All right."

The young Shinigami slipped away in his usual manner. Ikkaku and Yumichika sat on their beds. Ikkaku polished his blade while Yumichika sulked on his bed. Neither one of the men greeted the young Shinigami. "Good afternoon!"

"How can you be so chipper?" The fifth seat of the eleventh division glared at the member of the forth division.

"I'm alive. I think that is a good enough reason to be happy."

"I think that is a good enough reason to be happy." Ikkaku continued with his blade. "Plus... I thought I would be losing my leg due to frostbite."

"When I see Hitsugaya Taicho I am going to take my hands and wring that little neck of his." Yumichika held up his hands.

"Why? From what I understand he didn't mean to." Hanataro stared at the two older males as his mouth twisted up into a frown.