Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Kirklyn

"Where is she!" Poma yelled, slamming her fist on the table of Tillie's tent. The battle had stopped an hour ago when the enemy retreated. If you could call it that, it had lasted less than seven hours, our casualties minimum. I was standing in Tillie's tent, waiting for her to come in, when it became blatantly obvious that she wasn't coming. So I checked the infirmary. Then the armoury. Then the stables. And still nothing. So I came back here, where she wasn't.

"I don't know!" I said throwing my hands in the air as the woman marched to me

"I know you have visions, how could you not see this coming?" Poma shouted, pressing her finger into my chest.

The rest of the Inner Court was busy, and the other leaders busy counting out the casualties.

"I didn't have any before-" I was cut off by a splitting headache, panting, I fell to my knees, clutching my head.

"Paper, I need paper"

Tillie was screaming, screaming hard, as a sharp metal object dragged down her arm. She was chained in a dungeon, stuck in the middle of the room with chains on her hands, covering them and making her hover above the ground, where chains attached to her feet. Blood dripping down her body, making her shirt cling to her, her pants in shreds. Her wings were tied closed with chains, and they quivered as she screamed.

I gasped for air when I came out of it, my handshaking. Kneeling in front of me, watching my hand draw what I saw, was my brother. I was never able to draw, but now, now I could draw my visions with scary accuracy. I scrambled away from the drawing, not wanting to look at Tillie's screaming and bleeding body. I couldn't shake the sound out of my head.

"Kirk?" Issac whispered, coming to sit in front of where I was shaking "What was that, are you ok"

"You're brother's a seer, Issac," Poma said sitting on a stool by the entrance, "a powerful one too, if that pictures any indication."

I was still shaking on the ground, blocking out the sounds as Poma went to get everyone else. They crowded into the tent, Fawn came with some steaming drink in her hand and a blanket in her other, she wrapped me in it and sat me on the bed, closing my finger around the cup before joining for the others around the table.

"What do we do. Tillie's been captured," said Alexander, gesturing at the picture I drew, "and it doesn't look like she'll survive this." I winced, and Fawn look over her shoulder.

"Hush. I may not know Tillie well, but she seems like the type of person who can survive anything."

"Fawn is right," Georgia murmured, head in her hands, "I know Tillie. She is, in every way, the bravest person I know." She stood up, bracing herself on the table, glaring at Alexander "You weren't there when she looked into the camera to tell her school that a student was killed. You weren't there to see the way she led the students to safety, even with trash and rotten food being thrown at her."

Poma looked sternly at Georgia, "And how do you know all this?"

"Because she was there" I whispered, looking up, having put two and two together. Georgia was visiting the wrestling team because her school had a day off. She nodded at me, leaving the others in the dark.

"So she's brave," Said Jasper, clearly nervous to challenge Georgia, "but can her body withstand this?"

The others talked together, coming up with plans to get her back. Meanwhile, I was left with my own thoughts.

She has to survive this. The future where she doesn't is the end of times.