Smile

Off looked out the window and took a sip of iced tea.

'Today is boring again' he said aloud.

After a car accident, the tall guy got into the habit of talking to himself.
After the accident, his life changed.

After the accident, Off became indifferent to the people around him, they didn't interest him, and the people around him were not interested in Off.
Everything was boring, cold, sadly.

A little explanation.
It would seem that a person who has survived a car accident, takes life as a gift, as a rebirth. And it seems that he should be happy to live life. But no. 
Off lived happily before the accident.

Before the accident, he had a girlfriend. He had a best friend, many friends and pals. With a big and noisy company, it's more fun to hang out at a bar in the evenings.
He had the understanding parents, who supported him in many ways. When he chose a university and began to live independently.

But after the accident, the girl with whom he date for more than five years said "Goodbye" to him.
Such a beautiful girl shouldn't date a sick guy. Off wasn't upset at all, because he found out that she was cheating on him with his best friend for about a year. So he has no best friend too. It was probably his own fault, because he didn't give the girl the attention she wanted.

His friends came to the hospital only once and looked at him like a corpse.
Perhaps in their eyes that day Off really died. He was pale, thin, with a broken arm, the smell of pills, a nurse. And a stupid smile, because he was glad to see them, damn it.

Off had to miss a year of study, and his planned work abroad was delayed for a year. This didn't like his father. Instead of the love of his parents, Off began to see his father's ambition.
Off must be the best in everything so that his father can boast of the ideal son in front of his companions.

After the accident, the guy realized that his previous life was just a beautiful wrapper, a wrapper from sweets, and inside there was not even artificial filling, but simply emptiness.

So it turns out that he is alone now. Off simply exists, filling every day with boring and unnecessary little things.

He has been alone for over a year. And he hasn't had sex in over a year. The guy doesn't want sex.
Nothing and nobody excites him. He has no problems with erection. Sometimes he watches porn and masturbates, but this is not a desire that burns from the inside and wants to extend the crazy pleasure for as long as possible.
He watches different genres, he is trying to find something that can excite him and cause emotions. But until today, he has failed.

The guy forgot when he smiled happily for the last time. But ... a few days ago the boy came up to Off in the bar, and his unexpected offer to start dating surprised and at the same time amused him.
The tall guy smiled for a moment, but immediately made a serious face. No, he definitely wouldn't date such a person, and he didn't approve of sex for one night.

Today is his first day at the university. Off had to take exams in some subjects to begin his second year studies. His father insisted on continuing, and the guy agreed, just to do something. Perhaps study will give meaning to his life.
Not all subjects were easy for him, but he was a diligent student.

Off arrived at the university very early in the morning to find out if he had passed all the exams. Off was not sure of only one subject - "Fundamentals of Psychology."
He liked to study the history of this science, but he was suspicious of methods and various tests. He didn't understand how a psychologist can help a person. He is also a person with his own problems, with childhood injuries and, possibly, with a dislike for life. Off was convinced of this when he was in the hospital; the doctors didn't help him feel the joy of life again. Maybe it all depended on the patient himself, on his desire. But Off had no desire to change his boring life.