Stay

'Today we will study in my house. I sent you the location. See you at 18.00. Don't be late,' Off said quickly.

'Hello, Off, did you miss me?' Gun asked, laughing.

'No, we saw each other yesterday.'

'Oh, you're so cruel! You could just pretend you miss me, that would make me happy… okay, I will come to you at exactly six o'clock, see you.'

Gun sighed sadly. Today is the last day next to his beloved student. Off asked to speed up training. The guys saw each other almost every day, mostly in a cafe, sometimes at Gun’s condo.
The week passed quickly and productively. 

Off was interested in learning, he tried his best, and Gun as a teacher was great.
The older guy changed his attitude to Gun. The boy was really smart, not arrogant, as it seemed to him at the first meeting. Always ready to help, he patiently explained the most difficult topics, sometimes several times.
For the last time, Off decided to invite Gun to his place.

Gun was full of mixed feelings - joy that he was going to visit Off’s house, and sadness that this meeting would be the last.

Of course they will see each other at the university and will attend the same classes, but they will not be able to communicate so often and at ease. They are just students, who study in the same department, and nothing more.

***********

'You will pass the exam. I believe in you!' Gun closed the textbook and looked at the guy in front of him, 'admit that I prepared you well.'

'But I'm not stupid ... Yes, I admit - you know how to explain a difficult subject,' his lips twitched, but he didn't smile.

'Well ... I will probably go home,' Gun said hesitantly.

Certainly, he would like to stay in this apartment and, preferably, forever. He really liked Off's house. Everything here seemed simple and functional, but the soft sofa and the fluffy carpet on the floor made the flat more cosily.
The light green chairs in the kitchen and the matching table created a cheerful mood. The sweet smell that filled the rooms made Gun feel dizzy.
And from the guy opposite, everything inside him trembled.

'Are you hungry? Stay with me for dinner. I want to treat you with food, to thank you for help,' Off suggested, 'I didn’t have time to cook. I hope you don't mind if I order some dishes?'

'Okay ...' Gun smiled happily. 

A little more, he is allowed to stay here a little more.

They chose food long and noisy. Gun didn't know that a mature guy could be so capricious. It turned out that Off doesn't like spicy dishes, he doesn't eat solid food, because he has weak teeth. And he also doesn’t eat some foods, because they are not healthy. Gun was tired of arguing with the choosy guy and allowed him to choose for himself.

During the supper, they talked and argued a lot, mainly about exams and study.

'I wonder, we saw each other almost every day, but I never saw anyone call you or text to you. Do you have any friends? Are you dating with someone?' Gun wanted to know more about Off, before they stopped communicate.

The tall guy looked up from food, leaned back in the chair, ran the hand through his hair and said with the sad face:

'I've been alone for over a year.'

Gun heard the guy's voice tremble and felt guilty. Perhaps he asked a painful question.

'Oh, sorry …'

Off nodded and continued to pick his fork in food, but without an appetite.

Gun wanted to defuse the situation. And what is the best way to divert attention from mental problems? Of course, talk about sex!