16.) Failure

Christian's POV

Christian's POV

I couldn't get out of the car fast enough, as I ran across the yard, busting into the poolhouse like a madman.

"I'm here! I'm here!" I chanted, seeing Destiny passed out on the floor, along with Wes; while Sawyer and Theo were in full blown panic. She was laid out in between Sawyer's legs, as he held the baby, while Theo started explaining how she just blacked out.

"She was fine one minute and the next thing we knew...she passed out!" He said, obviously panicking. "Did I do something wrong? I did everything you told me to do, Taylor?"

"No Theo, you did great. She's lost a lot of blood though." Taylor said, rushing to her side. "We need to get her to a hospital ASAP! Theo, go outside and let the police know what happened." Theo nodded and rushed out, but I was completely numb as I stared down at my wife's limp body.

"Mr. Grey?" Sawyer whispered, snapping me out of my daze. I glared at him, instantly softening up, when he held up my newly born daughter. My hands shook as I walked over towards him, allowing him to carefully place my daughter in my arms, not saying another word to me. She was so tiny and helpless, which brought tears to my eyes, as I held her close to me.

"You sure know how to make an entrance, don't you?" I chuckled, turning away from everyone so they wouldn't see me cry. "You and I have a lot to talk about, little one, but until then...you are grounded indefinitely." She wrapped her little hands around my finger, making me smile, because she already had me wrapped around her finger and she was only ten minutes old.

"She's in here!" I heard Theo say, as he ran back into the poolhouse. Three paramedics came in behind him, instantly checking on Destiny, while I just stood there like a helpless fool. Was all of this my fault? Everything that Destiny has went through since she's met me was my fault, and I couldn't help but to feel guilty about it. About everything.

"Sir? I need to take the baby, so we can get her and her mother to the hospital." One of the paramedics said. I was happy to know that she was a woman, otherwise I wouldn't have handed my daughter off so easily.

"Be careful with her, please." I said, wiping my face. I followed behind them, insisting that I ride in the ambulance with my wife and daughter, which they allowed. Even if they didn't...I would've done so anyways.

*

Arriving at the hospital, I was asked to wait in the waiting room, while they rushed Destiny to the OR and Aria to the NICU. My mind was racing and all I could think about was the safety of my wife and daughter.

As the minutes went by, I found myself nervously pacing the floor, while all of the security details watched me closely.

"Should I call your parents, Mr. Grey?" Taylor asked me.

"No, I'll call them. Thank you, Taylor." I murmured, pulling my phone out of my pocket. "Wes...could you call Destiny's parents and let them know that she had the baby early?"