Chapter 22 ~ Regretful Guard Duties

The purple liquid had long since sept into her veins. It seemed to blend into her blood naturally making some kind of maroon. Luna had gently sliced open her wrist in an attempt to watch the transfusion. The swirling and mixing of the colours had scared her, and sharp shooting pains were floating up and down her body. Her eyes screwed shut in pain, she treid to make it go away. Soon all sanity was lost as the purple found it's way into her brain. It engulfed it like a cloud of smoke and wouldn't release it's hold. Luna tore around the room like a rabid wolf, ironically, frantically punching at the walls and clawing at what ever she could get her elongated nails on. Scratch marks were edged into the sides of the containment unit as she went. Her eyes were clouded over with an unknowing mist. It was as though she was being controlled. The unknown substance had completley taken over her brain at this point, and she fell to her knees, writhing in pain and fear.

-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-

Runo was at this point spazaming on the floor, grunting and whining with a strange cloudy look coating his eyes. Sorrel was in tears watching how he surrefed, and leapt to her feet.

"Smith- get him over your shoulders." Her tone was sharp and demanding, leaving no room for questioning. He immediatley obliged and began lifting the poor wriggling wolf.

"Ross, Trott, get yourselfs up and ready, we're storming the place. Dew- who's there right now?" Sorrel was becoming impatient and stomping her feet, similarly to Opal. The stallion was right by her side, just as he always was, nudging her and gently nickering. She raised an eyebrow at a wide-eyed Honeydew. "Well?"

"J-just one guy, Duncan, the scientist... But you don't understand, he is brutal and quick minded. He will easily catch you and-" Dew hastened to get his words out but was promptly stopped by Sorrel's interupting.

"Perfect. Six versus one. Ready to go?" She checked over her shoulder to see Smith with Runo draped over his shoulders like a scarf. The wolf was still twitching, but with less importance and urgency.

"Let's go"

-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-

Duncan laid a hesitant hand on the sharpened pencil. His brow knotted as the scientist began to sketch. This idea had been floating around in his head for some time now. The idea of trapping both girls into a dome like glass structure. Of course it would be their home environments, and he would stop the beatings and tortures, but it would still seal them off from the rest of their world. Maybe it could prevent their deaths entirley, but at least it would prolong them. The olny problem was he was yet to catch the second bonded.

The led marked the paper lightly in smooth lines. Yet these lines hid an underlying tension between man and idea! Duncan clicked his teeth together in annoyance whilst he continued to draw. His face was a mask of tension with the struggle to perfect the design.

The dome was to be split into two halves. The first half on the left was to be the horse bonded, whatever her name may be. It had a selection of trees at the very back of the structure to act as a miniature forest, but the remainder of the room was grasslands. Made up entirely of glass it meant they could not only see everything around them but also BE seen. The dome itself was like a mushroom without the stalk, with a glass wall in the middle. The right hand side was to be the wolf bonded's side. It contained a series of rock formations and den-like structures, allowing the girl some form of shelter. The grass below her feet would also act as comfort as she walked. Mirroring the horse bonded the wolf bonded's side would also contain a miniature forest, to again provide some relief from the spotlight. At the most accessible view point on each side was a small slot in which food could be handed to them.

Duncan sighed, completing his drawings and shading them lightly. This would take a while to build.
A few hours later, reinforced glass now in place exactly how he had envisioned, he shuddered back into his leather chair. As if right on que, there was a large bang on the metal door to the labs. Whoever could that be?