Chapter 20 ~ Suspicion

Ross, Trott and Smith collectivley pushed each other about in order to access a comfier position in the overgrown tree. It was a push with the three of them all squatting on the same branch, but as of yet it seemed to hold steadily. The weather was becoming dismal and grey with clouds threatening to hurl great rains at them at any moment. But this was no time for backing down! A little rain would not stop them on their quest. Coming to think of it, what actually was their quest?

Okay, they were going to save Luna. That was sort of the only objective here. What would happen after that? Sorrel had said they were both leaving to be with their packs/herds once more. But she can't speak for Luna too right? Though what if Luna also longed to be cut off from civilisation once more? These questions were not getting answered, and it was doing the three lads little good to mope around and attempt to guess the future when they were unsure of the present. Sitting here now infront of this eeiry building, they found themselves wondering abobut their own future. Smith wasn't willing to imagine one without Luna. How her beautiful hair draped down her back, her bubbling personality and strange quirks. The way her eyes shone into his heart. No, there would be no future without Luna in it. 

A low rumble of thunder shunted them back to their senses, and they continued to keep their eyes peeled for any signs of Sorrel, Opal and Runo.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Xephos slammed the door to his office, forcing shudders through the building. On his desk lay around five sheets of A4 paper, all covered in theories about the girl's existence. On the last piece of paper lay the tale itself, covered in annotations. It was written that the chosen ones, one of horse and one of wolf, would together burn down the world. Sweat beads formed on the spaceman's brow, worry lines etched into his forehead. 

If this legend was as true as they now believed, then there would be no choice but to destroy them. Permenantly. But the spaceman couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt. He was going to have to murder two young women, just because there was a chance they might destroy the world. Although repeating that statement in his head, Xephos scolded himself for caring. Caring is not an advantage. 

Proceeding to head to the front metallic door, the spaceman allowed his jetpac to carry him into the air. He missed Lomadia, and now more than ever he needed someone to confide in. And there would be nobody better than his blonde haired love. He flew out over the oceans, leaving Honeydew to mess around with whatever experiments he was trying. Something to do with the ultimate Jaffa? He shook hi head and rolled his eyes- allowing a small grin to spread across his face. This was the life he loved. His dwarven friend's hilarious antics, Lomadia's beautiful smiles and builds, yes. This was the world he would protect. He felt like the villian, which completley wasn't the case. All the spaceman was attempting to do was protect his home. Maybe there was someway to keep his world safe without killing the girl/s? He hoped so. Eventually Xephos arrived at Lomadia's house andshrugged off all thoughts of impending doom. Instead he turned his attention to his beautiful girlfriend, and headed inside while a new storm rolled over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luna's body was going into a freedom derived state. She started to pace the room, what little food that had been put in for her already devoured. A glass of water sat nearby, and her shining eyes fell on it. Picking up the weak structue, she tipped a little out onto the floor. It reminded her of the stream that ran through her pack's den. Lying flat on her stomach, Luna recalled the way it flowed so majestically and with it flowed the promise of a hydrating drink. She missed the pack sincerley, as well as Sorrel Opal and Smith. She missed Runo, although she wasn't sur eit would technically be classed as, 'miss'. Her heart was broken in being seperated from the wolf. It was like a great tiger using sharpened malicous claws to internally drag her soul out and shred it on the way. Runo was literally a part of her, and she was starting to get an idea of what being a 'Bonded One' truly meant. It did not mean you were magically given an animal that loves you, or anything else along those simple and plain lines. To be a 'Bonded One' meant to truly care for what is not yours. To have a love for something so strong that it has connected your souls. The knot tying Luna and Runo's souls was tighter now than it had ever been, relentlessly trying to reunite the pair.