Chapter 2

The story continues with more plot to add to progression. Let's see what happens now...
______________________________________

If Palutena found out, he was definately going to be in trouble. He had never broken one her rules before, and he had never purposely gone against one of her commands. He greatly feared the consequences since Palutena had never punished him for anything. "She can't do anything if she never catches you." Those thoughts of his were becoming far more frequent than he could handle.

Pit quickly reached his room and hid under his bed acting as though he was there the entire time. He was absolutely terrified and couldn't keep himself from shaking. The fear of consequence and of the foreign angel kept him from being able to calm down. He clutched his Palutena Bow close to him as he lay on the floor hoping that he could safely stay there. The sound of a group approaching scared him even more as he kept thinking of the worst.

"Pit!" he heard Palutena call. She sounded distressed as if that hadn't been her first attempt to call him. His thoughts must have distracted him from her voice.

"Lady Palutena...I'm still here," he quietly spoke. He saw the goddess sit on her knees before peeking under the bed. She gave a smile of relief and joy when she saw him.

"It's okay now. You can come out from under there. Everything is being taken care of," Palutena spoke. Her voice was reassuring and calm despite the battles going on outside her temple. Those battles seemed to be dying out. The temple had yet to shake from them any longer. "I'm glad you're safe. Someone came looking for you just now. I was so worried." Palutena pulled him to his feet once he was out in the open. He dropped his bow and didn't hesitate to hug his goddess, his adoptive mother. "Everything is alright now," Palutena reassured as she hugged him back.

Pit couldn't believe those words. For the first time, he truly did not believe Palutena when she told him things would be okay. Palutena had told him that someone had been looking for him, but he had been there. He'd seen what happened. The angel with six wings was not looking for him, and she knew more than Palutena told him about. That angel had been a subject of Medusa, yet her wings didn't reflect such. Not a single feather was black or even gray like her attire. Not only that, but there was also an oblivious angel that Pit knew nothing about.

"Lady Palutena, when this is all over, I think I'm going to stay inside," Pit muttered as he pulled away from her.

"That's for the best. The scene outside won't be very pretty. You'll be safer in here anyway," Palutena said with a nod. She didn't seem to suspect him of anything, and he luckily hadn't said anything to make him seem suspicious.

"She's going to hurt you. She knows you were there." The thought was for sure not his own. The voice he heard in his mind sounded nothing like him. The far fetched theory left him petrified as he stared at Palutena trying his best not to give his thoughts away. There was no way Palutena would ever hurt him, right?

"If you need anything, just call. I'll come to help you," Palutena noted before she left his room. Pit managed one of his signature smiles despite the terror hidden in his heart. Once she was likely far away from him, he collapsed to his knees and let out a breath of relief.

"I am Pit...servant of the goddess of light," he said to himself. "I am her light, her protector, and greatest warrior. No harm will come to me so long as I am by her side. Not even the greatest forces in the heavens could stop the two of us together." He often recited this to himself whenever he was feeling overly stressed or afraid as he was now.

"Your times of ignorance are over. Wake up and think. Why are you the only one who has no idea what Palutena was talking about when she spoke to that angel?"