Chapter 6

The moment she was gone, Pit called to his second self. "Other Pit...you there?" He preferred to speak to him aloud rather than in his head since he now viewed him as a person he couldn't see rather than a figment of his imagination. There was no answer from his second self. "Hey, other me, I know you're there. It's too late to act like you can't hear me. I know you can," Pit said with a pout.

        "What do you want? I'm not in the mood to talk right now," his second self growled. His response was a little startling, but Pit was glad to hear him at least reply.

        "Well...you're kind of the only one I can talk to now. I don't really know what to do, and you've been helping me ever since I found out you existed. Palutena told me not to listen to you, but she was also keeping things from me. I thought you might know something," Pit said as he returned to his second bowl of cereal. He hoped that his second self knew how to stop whatever was happening to him.

        "Counting on me all of a sudden? Why? Don't you realize that I'll disappear once you stop whatever's happening to you? Maybe you didn't quite understand that while you were worrying about yourself." The thought had never even crossed Pit's mind until then. Once Pit was returned to normal, his other self wouldn't exist anymore.

        "But...that's not fair. You don't seem bad even though that's what Palutena said you were. You shouldn't have to disappear," Pit reasoned. He had no idea why he thought this since his situation was literally putting his life against that of his other self's life.

        "Well, I guess life just isn't fair. I'm surprised you hadn't already figured that out. It only makes sense though. I don't have any memories of the other times I showed up. The last thing I remember is from a few weeks ago. You didn't actually start hearing me until recently," his second self spoke. The symptoms had already started before then, so his words definately added up to what they already knew about their predicament.

        "You did say that you wanted to find out who you are. I'll ask (y/n) to help us figure that out. She might be able to find a solution to all of this!" Pit exclaimed as he already began to imagine the perfect outcome.

        "Everything doesn't turn out perfectly. Sacrifices have to be made. I just happen to be one of them. It's not like I have a purpose, so I'm okay with that. Your positivity has been driving me crazy lately anyway."

        "It's not my fault that you're such a pessimist. I think you're just looking on the bad side of things on purpose. There's no way you can really be this dark and gloomy," Pit muttered. He ignored the salty comment he got in return as he finished his cereal. "I'm going to name you," he declared, standing up from his seat.

        "Don't bother. I won't be around long enough for you to use whatever you come up with. I'd rather not get used to having a life knowing that it'll be taken away from me. Save your thoughts for when you actually need them," his other self said. Pit felt a stab of guilt at those words although it didn't get rid of his optimism.

        "I'm naming you anyway. You have no choice but to deal with it. Since you're me, you would have my name. That won't work though. I already have my name. Uhh...maybe something else will work..." he said. He began to wander around (y/n)'s house as he thought of names. He could practically feel his other self's objection to the idea, but nothing was spoken to stop Pit from coming up with a name. The angel paced around the living room still thinking when he noticed one of his black feathers fall to the ground. "Oh, I know! I'll call you Dark Pit! It matches you," Pit decided after seeing the black feather float to the ground. He heard nothing in return from his newly named friend.

        "Dark Pit? I know you're there. Don't ignore me..." Pit whined. He picked up the black feather and looked at it in worry as he waited for Dark Pit's response.