letter eleven!

eleven | 24th december 1999

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

     Dear Edith,

     It's Christmas Eve. I'm currently sat upstairs writing this, after having wrapped the last of my gifts to you and my other friends and family. Yes I know I should have everything done before Christmas Eve, but you know me, I'm probably the least organised person on the planet.

     We've decided to spend Christmas Eve together, and to see our respective families on Christmas Day. Spending the holidays with you makes everything seem all the more real; it gives me hope for a future where we spend every holiday together, but I think I'm beginning to get ahead of myself.

     I'm seeing the Weasleys for Christmas. I have a feeling it's going to be awkward, after all Ginny is going to be there with her 'somebody else'. And although I've forgiven her for what she did, I can't help but feel some resentment towards whoever she is with now. I know it's silly, but they — whoever they are — ruined everything. But then on the other hand, my heart wants to thank both Ginny anc their 'someone else' for everything, because they led me to you. You don't know much about Ginny, I would tell you more, but that would risk complicating everything. It's not everyday you find out that your boyfriend is a Wizard.

     I would write more but you're calling me downstairs for a game of scrabble. I don't know how to play scrabble but you said you would teach me. You're teaching me a lot of things that I missed out on during my childhood, sometimes I feel stupid when I don't understand an obscure reference to 'The Flintstones' or 'Dr Who', but you always reassure me that it's okay to get things wrong, which makes me feel a thousand times better.

     You're calling me again, I need to go. Merry Christmas Edith, I hope you like your presents.

     Harry xxx

edited 18/10/2020
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈