letter sixteen!

fifteen | 4th march 2000

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

Dear Edith,

Happy birthday! You're now 21! I think that means something special in America, but everything's weird over there. Despite being a year older than me, I would still consider myself the responsible half of the relationship. After all, we can't trust you with that mouth of yours, who knows what brutally honest comment you're going to come up with next?

I must say, the best part of today was when you opened your present. The look of sheer exultation that graced your beautiful features after opening the box, was enough to cure any sadness that i might have been harbouring. Your reaction has to be my favourite part of this new millennium so far.

You named your present Milo. I think it suits the little ball of fluff perfectly. And now it is official, my dream is soon becoming a reality; we share a flat and now we have a dog. A beautiful boarder collie puppy named Milo. Things couldn't possibly get any better.

After meeting Milo, and the initial shock wearing off, you suggested that we away for the Weekend. You always have been the brains of the relationship. We're going to Brighton, I've never been to Brighton before, but you said you'd show me all of your favourite places from your childhood, which sounds simply wonderful. Mrs Watson from across the hall offered to look after Milo, insisting that it was the 'neighbourly thing to do', but we both know she just wants to be able to ask what we did over the weekend. Nosy old bat.

I think I'm going to tell you I love you whilst we're away. I've known I love you for quite some time and now that I've grown a pair, I'm ready to tell you how I really feel about you. I'm terrified, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Until this weekend.

     Harry xxx

edited 18/10/2020
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈