letter seventeen!

fifteen | 17th march 2000

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

     Dear Edith,

     So, I told you how I felt.

     Did it go well? Partly. You just had to give me a panic induced cardiac arrest, didn't you? The sheer terror that began to suffocate me once I had said those three little words. Once I had said that cursed 'I love you', you said nothing.

     The silence was so deafening that my ears began to ring. After a moment, you then ran off into the loo in what seemed to be an extreme state of urgency. I've never been good with girls, so obviously I thought I'd bollocks-ed things up, and the shame that began to claw at my stomach almost caused my dinner to reappear. The worst part of it all was that were sat in a small italian restaurant in the lanes of Brighton, so I couldn't exactly follow you into the ladies. All I wanted was to run to you and apologise, but that was an impossibility, so instead I just sat there like a lemon for what seemed like an eternity.

      But then you came back. I thought you were there to break up with me, but I guess not.

     In the most open and forward way possible, you then told me that since I told you I loved you, you assumed we'd be having celebratory sex. Well that certainly changed things. Apparently you had forgotten to shave your legs, so you ran into the loo and shaved them there. To say I was stunned would be an understatement; I'm sure I looked like fish with my mouth hanging open like that.

     But then you told me you loved me too, and everything fell into place. It seems you really are as serious about this as I am, and things truely seem to be looking up. You love me, and I love you, no matter what.

     Harry xxx

edited 18/10/2020
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈