letter nineteen!

nineteen | 11th may 2000

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

     Dear Edith,

     I told you everything. I told you everything and I made you cry. I felt awful, the guilt began eating me up inside and I felt as if I was going to be sick. I made a promise that I would never intentionally hurt you, and there you were sat beside me, sobbing profusely. I repeatedly apologised profusely, trying desperately to life your spirits. The sight of you in such emotional turmoil, almost dashed my heart into a million pieces.

     But then you calmed down a little, and faced up at me with you're big, bright eyes. You then told me that you weren't crying because of my confession, you were crying because you had thought so low of me. You thought I was cheating on you, because of all the secrecy and excuses. That was almost too much for me to bear.

      I would never ever cheat on you. I love you too much for that. And I told you there and then; those words meant more to me than an unbreakable vow, I would sooner go through the hell of the Second Wizarding War again than be unfaithful to you. Your love means too much to me.

     Eventually, after all the tears, the first thing you said to me was 'do you have x-ray vision?'

     And I replied 'Edith, I'm a wizard not a superhero, you imbecile.'

     And then we laughed, and the pain that was felt just moments ago had dissipated like sand through my fingers. For the rest of the evening we simply talked and crashed out on the sofa whilst watching Frasier. Milo joined us too, and in that moment, right there I was completely content with the world.

     My dream has finally come true, and that's all thanks to you. I love you, Edith, never forget that.

     Harry xxx

edited 18/10/2020
..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈