History

AN: The fight at Asgard is over as Thor, Loki, Bruce, Brunnhilde and Spice taken on Hela and her minions and now they are in the spaceship, coming to Midgard as Asgard is now destroyed. Basically, this chapter takes place right after the events of Thor Ragnarok.

Spice's PoV:

Spice stood beside Thor and Loki as they watched their home being decimated by Surtur. Thor kept saying something about it being a prophecy that was bound to come true but Spice did note the two brothers looking at each other, the unspoken sorrow dangling in between both their tear-filled eyes. They pretended to be tired of each other, but Asgard was their home, their solace, their safety. No other place could match the place that contained memories of how they learned to fight, the stables where they kept their horses in, their castle where they played and fought, their rooms from where they snuck out in the middle of the night to try and lift Mjolnir. It was all gone.

"We will be reaching earth in a while," said Thor, taking charge of the ship.

"What will we do on earth?" asked Brunnhilde. "How long can they keep refugees like us?"

"I will talk to Mr. Stark," said Spice. "He will definitely arrange something."

"I do not think the Asgardians would like to live off of pity," said Heimdall.

"No!" exclaimed Spice. "Of course not! Mr. Stark will just arrange for your habitations and Mr. Fury will arrange for your legal IDs. You all will be working and earning and fending for yourselves. I would never ask any of you to grovel and live off of pity, so don't worry. Everything will be fine."

"I am counting on you for that," said Thor and smiled cheerfully. "And, that was some amazing fighting that I saw."

"Thank you," said Spice dismissively as disturbing thoughts filled her mind again.

"Really. That was some blasting moves! You fought off approximately forty of Hela's soldiers single-handedly, not to mention you conjured five different kinds of weapons from fire and used your sword beautifully. You even prevented the Hulk from killing himself by restraining him from pouncing on Surtur. You were amazing."

"Thank you, Thor. I appreciate your interest. How far from Earth are we now?"

"Spice, what is wrong?"

"Nothing. I just- I cannot keep pretending that everything is fine. It is tiring."

"Can I help in any way? You know I will help with whatever I have." Thor looked really concerned and that made Spice slightly apologetic about having behaved thus with him. But, what choice did she have?

"I need answers," said Spice. "Now. You two clearly know something that I don't. And I have had enough! I need the truth!"

"We didn't know the entire story until we met the Allfather right before his death," said Thor. "We had a theory, but we weren't sure."

"What theory?" asked Spice.

"Well," said Loki. "It is not a very nice story."

"I think it will be better if you just show her, brother," said Thor.

"I am not allowed inside her head," said Loki.

"Please, Spice. It will be better if you see it rather than hear about it."

"I will just plant the images, please."

"Alright," agreed Spice.

"Hmm," said Loki and smiled at her. "Close your eyes."