Cheat (*)

Warning: This part will contain smut.

Spice's PoV:

"This would be the last box of Morgan's toys," said Pepper as Spice packed another box filled with stuffed toys.

"Are you sure what I paid is the actual price of this house?" asked Spice. "I am pretty sure this house should cost three times that amount."

"Do you have any idea what you have done?" asked Pepper, smiling at Spice. "You have saved Tony. Literally. His heart problems were escalating because of stress out of which fifty percent was because of you."

"Because of me? What had I done?"

"Started to trust him." Pepper gestured towards Loki who was sitting by the lake and reading a book. "Tony keeps saying that that man is going to hurt you. And now that he knows where you two are staying, it will be easier for him to track him down if he does anything bad to you."

"He won't hurt me."

"We hope you are right."

Spice waved her goodbyes as Pepper's car drove away. Loki finally left his place beside the lake and walked up to Spice.

"So," he asked, twirling his finger around a stray lock of Spice's hair and very gently tucking it behind her ear. "What do we do now?"

"We get you your fake degrees," said Spice, turning towards him and fisting her hands in his hair. "And then, we get you a job in the same hospital that I am working in."

"What job would that be, darling?"

"How does nurse sound to you?"

Loki wrinkled his nose and Spice giggled at how cute he looked.

"I cannot be a nurse," grumbled Loki. "I don't want to be bossed around by the doctors and stuff like that. It is demeaning."

"Then why don't you work extra hard and get into the hospital I will be working in? In that case, I will make sure that the only person you are placed under is me. Will that be better?"

"I will still be taking orders from someone." Loki held her waist teasingly and blew lightly against her nose as she scrunched it up.

"So, you don't like taking orders from me?"

"You are the only one I have allowed to order me around, sweetheart. If anyone else tried that, they would have disappeared by now."

"Good then. Get to work on that interview, my trickster."

"Why do you want me to become a nurse?"

"Well, you can heal painlessly. It might help some people, especially the children."

"It's not painless, darling. You could feel it."

"No, I didn't."

Loki narrowed his eyes at her as she looked away. "You think I don't know what you look like when you are in pain?"

"Well, okay, yes. It hurt. But you said that was because I believed I deserved it."

"Loads of brainless Midgardians believe that they deserve it!"

"Yes. And you will help them."

"Disgusting!"

"You think reducing the pain of certain terminally ill children is disgusting?"

"Not- not disgusting-"

Loki seemed like he was at a loss of words and this made Spice smile.

"Study well, my trickster."