The House in the Woods (*)

Warning: This story will contain smut.

Loki's PoV:

"No," Loki heard a soft moan in the dark and he opened his eyes.

It was still dark outside and Loki flicked his fingers to switch on the dim light in the bedroom. He was lying on his side with Spice in his arms, her head tucked away in his chest.

"No," she whimpered again and then shuddered, her fingernails digging into his skin. "Please," she begged again. "Please don't."

"Darling?" called Loki softly, caressing her head, his hands stroking through her smooth crimson hair. "Darling, it's okay, it's just a nightmare."

Spice shuddered again and cried against his chest. He held her tighter, smiling internally at how small she felt in his arms. He noticed the light bruises upon her delicate wrists and felt a pang of guilt about being rough with her earlier. He squeezed her tighter until with a gasp she opened her eyes.

"Loki?" she called out softly.

"Yes, sweetheart," said Loki, pulling slightly away to look into her eyes. "I am right here and you are perfectly safe."

"You died again," she sobbed and pressed her hands against his chest, lightly tracing some imaginary wound. She looked at him with tear-filled eyes, her delicate form shaking as if she was being tossed around by a stormy sea.

"No, Darling. I am alright. Calm down."

"I did nothing. Again."

She sobbed and closed her eyes and Loki realised what he had done.

He had damaged her to the point that she would never be alright again. Nightmares of his death would probably plague her mind and she would continue to feel helpless every time she saw that.

He wasn't worth all of that. He wasn't worth all of these feelings and all her tears.

"You should stop crying about that," said Loki, feeling vexed at himself about being the cause of her distress. "If I die, I would probably be deserving it."

"What?" Spice looked up at him, her eyes streaked with horror.

"Really Spice? Are you trying to tell me that I am worth all your tears and all these nightmares? Valhalla knows I don't even deserve to sleep so comfortably tucked in your arms and you are telling me I deserve the benefit of your tears?"

"Loki? What the hell are you talking about?"

"Spice, you know what I am. And you know all that I have done. You know what things the creatures of my race can do. I should never have been born. And here you are, crying about my death." Loki blinked to keep the tears away. Spice watched him with big eyes and then she suddenly kicked the blanket off and climbed on top of him.

"What are you doing?" asked Loki, grabbing Spice's thighs so she wouldn't lose balance.

"Look at me," she said and Loki stared at her naked form, feeling himself getting aroused at the sight of her. Her crimson hair covered her breasts and ended at her hips. He saw the scar that expanded from her shoulder to her waist, exhibiting the horrors she had suffered and the growth she had achieved. He gently traced the scar with his fingers, gasping unconsciously at the flamelike patterns expanding from it.

"You look beautiful," he said and sat up, feeling the growing need to press himself against her.

"Down," she said and flicked her fingers as an orange spark appeared and pressed Loki back on the bed. He looked at her in a mixture of awe and fear. "Now," she said authoritatively, "I need to see you."