The Goddess of Fire

Loki's PoV:

Keeping up the ice cover on the lake while mentally combatting Blaise was tiring, and he felt a dull throb in his head.

He felt tired even though he was a God. He couldn't imagine how tired Spice must be considering she was half mortal. He admired how Stark had had the common sense to grab little Morgan before his powers failed and she fell into the lake. He hated how Spice's arms were blistering against the shield.

Loki was sure he had heard a sharp intake of breath from Spice at the mention of Faunia's name. He tried his best to maintain the ice on the lake because Spice would fall into the water and possibly drown without it.

He heard a whimper as he watched something drag Spice under the water.

"Spice no!" screamed Loki and he heard similar screams from Stark and Parker.

"Give me back my Spice!" screamed Stark as the lake formed a massive whirlpool around the place where Spice had disappeared, thus preventing anyone else to jump into. Blaise laughed cruelly and that laugh filled Loki with a burning rage that could freeze Hel.

Just when Loki was about to leap into the whirlpool with Parker, they heard a roar. It was an animalistic roar and Loki looked at Tony to see a faint smile across his features. Somehow, Stark had heard this roar before. Before Loki could form the question, something leaped out of the water. It was a ball of fire, only bigger. The fire landed squarely in front of Blaise and knocked him sideways.

The fire receded and Loki noticed that it was Spice with a huge broadsword which she held with both hands. She elbowed Blaise and then leapt up into the air before stabbing Blaise in the chest with the broadsword. He sputtered once and Spice drove the sword deeper, cutting off his defences.

"You are weak," said Blaise, blood coming out of his mouth.

"I know," agreed Spice. "And you are stronger. But where were you when the earth was threatened by the Mad Titan? Your powers could have saved so many."

"Why would I bother? Humans are a plague anyways. I suffered a lot because of those wretched beings and all I want is for them to die."

"You think I suffered less in the hands of humans? But I still choose to protect them because not all of them are bad. Some deserve to be protected."

"I lost my sister."

"We all lost."

"Spare me, please."

Blaise looked broken and Loki saw the glimmer of doubt in Spice's eyes. She was humane and so damn kind that Loki was sure she would forgive him even after everything he had done to her.

Loki noticed Blaise's hand make a gesture and he knew Spice hadn't noticed it. A small part of the ice disappeared above the lake as a huge wild wave came at Spice.

"Spice!" yelled Loki. "Look out!"

Spice noticed the wave and then, without wasting another moment, she drove the sword to the hilt and screamed against her tears. The wave hit her then as Blaise's body was engulfed in flames.

The wave covered her and the ice cracked. Loki noticed Spice shielding her face but due to the lack of ice, she fell into the wild unfriendly water.

Loki jumped into the water, swimming towards Spice. The water was now calmer and Loki searched around blindly. When he surfaced, he saw a pile of bubbles in front of him. Breaking the water surface, rose Spice, coughing and choking from being under for a while. Loki couldn't believe his eyes.