The Fight

Loki's PoV:

"Spice?" asked Thor, sitting down beside her. "Are you alright?"

Spice had been quite for a long time, staring fixedly out of a window. After reminding Loki about the promise he had been unable to keep, she hadn't said another word. And honestly, Loki didn't have the courage to say anything. But he needed to talk to her. She needed to know that he would have taken all of the horrors upon himself rather than letting her go through them alone.

"Hey, Rhoanne," said Loki, touching Spice's arm gingerly.

"I am NOT Rhoanne!" said Spice, her tone dangerous. "My name is Spice."

"Well, that is fine, Spice," said Loki quietly.

"You left," said Spice, now looking directly at Loki. "After I found out about my powers, you left without an explanation."

"I am so sorry about that. I promise I won't leave you again. I pro-"

"Shut up!"

Bruce and Brunnhilde flinched at the spite in Spice's voice even though it wasn't very loud.

"Spice?" asked Loki softly.

"You promise! You promise so many damn things, Loki. You promised you wouldn't hurt me when you first came to New York and I hope you remember what you did there! I guess you don't even remember the number of things you have promised!"

"I am sorry I left you. I shouldn't have done that. But I kept feeling that we have done enough damage so I didn't want to disturb you anymore."

"Do you realise that some things cannot be undone? The only way you could have prevented more damage was by staying with me and telling me the truth! You kept everything a secret and you just- you just left. That was the worst thing for you to do! How could you all just decide that leaving me there was good for me?"

"Well," interrupted Heimdall. "We didn't really leave you. Not me. Remember, when your friend Faunia received an e-mail and came to your rescue? Even though you do not recall sending an e-mail? That was me. The Allfather had made me swear a sacred oath to not look into your life, but I am cursed with sight. I saw you in trouble and it was imperative that I did something without being caught."

"You knew about her?" asked Thor, his eyes wide with bewilderment.

"Yes," said Heimdall. "I know a lot."

"People call you all Gods," said Spice and then chuckled. "But you all are the most selfish creatures I have ever met."

Bruce frowned at Spice at this statement.

"Listen, Spice," said Bruce. "I think you need to see things from a different point now. It wasn't their fault."

"And look, Spice," started Loki. "I left you on earth and you went to Stark. You ended up practicing and learning new things about your power. I mean, the way you fought against Hela's forces on Asgard was not only graceful but it was deadly. You took down forty of her undead soldiers in half a minute! And you continued fighting the same way, shielding me from Fenrir, throwing fireballs at Hela's minions, using your immortal strength to keep the Hulk away from Surtur, and everything else. You saved a few lives on earth with Stark. And then, you found your sister and then was brought to Sakaar where we found you. So, basically everything happens for a reason."

Loki looked proudly at her, somehow convinced that his explanation was enough to calm her anger. He smiled slightly as Spice stood up.

"Everything happens for a reason, right?" asked Spice. "So, tell me why Faunia died."