2

"Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you."- Misty Copeland

Emma

(Edited)

"I-I..."

"You, what?" He raised his voice letting me go but still studying my reaction.

I kept my head down, not finding my voice.

"Are you going to say something or just stare at your shoes;" He said mad. "Cause I have better things to do than this."

"I-I'm sorry, I was r-running and I didn't s-ee you..." I mumbled, still with my head down. I pulled my sleeves over my hands, something I now do out of habit. I could feel his eyes on me, burning holes into my skull as I just looked at the gray floor trying to become invisible.

Suddenly I felt his fingers under my chin and next thing I know I'm staring into an ocean of thoughts.

"Whatever, just stay out of my way, and, cool socks." He said with a cold voice while rolling his eyes and laughed, then he turned around and left.

I got up from the floor and started running to my class. These hallways are really too long that sometimes I get lost here and I've been here for more than 5 years.

Adam

I looked at the short girl that was sitting in front of me, expecting an answer.

"I-I..." She said while looking down as her words made no sense to me whatsoever. I rolled my eyes at her, trying to get her to say something faster.

"You, what?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest. Something I do to intimidate people but, well, from her look even a stupid person could tell that she was terrified of me.

"Are you going to say something or just stare at your shoes;" I'm getting really annoyed by this girl. "Cause I have better things to do than this." I said while looking at my shirt then at her small hands that were now holding an empty cup of coffee.

"I-I'm sorry, I was r-running and I didn't s-see you..." She looked down after finishing her sentence and I just focused my eyes on her. On her hair, her eyes. Her blue eyes were focused on the ground. I put my finger under her chin to make her look into my eyes

"Whatever, just stay out of my way, and, cool socks." I said coldly while rolling my eyes and laughing then turned around and left, heading to my next class. I'm late, but most of the time I don't really care about school, unless it's football practice.

Emma's POV

I opened the door from the classroom and all eyes were on me. I looked down, trying to not seem like I got late, but I'm pretty sure it's too late for that.

"Miss Jefferson, it's been 10 minutes since the class started, why are you late?" Asked, Mrs. Smith, my English teacher.

I looked down and just mumbled a sorry. On the outside I'm barely talking but in reality I have a lot of things to say, I just never say them because I'm too scared of what people would think about me.

"I won't give you detention this time because I know that you are never late, just go to your seat."

I mumbled a thank you and went to my seat. It's true, I never miss a day, or a class and I'm always on time. Must be boring having my life.

I looked through the classroom and saw someone staring at me. Green eyes were staring into my blue ones.

When he saw that I caught him I thought that he was going to look away, but he didn't, he kept on staring at me so of course I did the only logical thing, I flipped him off while focusing back on my notes.