Chapter 16

Assassinating the President

Every evil has a beginning  it also has an end.                                             
                                              Rahul Gautam.

Time went by so fast, soon it was already two weeks gone since Maria came to the DOD in an attempt to help create an antidote, they've done all they could so far, all three of them, Murdock, Maria, and Dr Kareem and were not able to successfully make an antidote, the three of them were at the lab.

“ We've tried all we can, it's just not working, I'm tired of this, I said it, it's not gonna work, I made it so,” Murdock said, frustrated and angered by their failed attempt in making the antidote, he turned to walk away.

“ We can do this okay, we just gotta try, honey…!!, remember how difficult it was to make the syrup, but we found a way, we will find a way this time okay?,” Maria said calmly in an attempt to encourage and convince Murdock to not give up. 

She placed her both hands on his chin while speaking and then she kissed him after she was done speaking. 

“ I think we should start afresh, cross check our formula and calculations, see if we missed anything,'' Dr Kareem suggested.

“ Alright, let's do it,” Murdock said.

Then he turned and grabbed Maria's hands, “ I'm just glad you're here with me, I don't think I would have been able to do this without you, since I became the beast, I kept you aside, it's never been easy without you,” he said. 

Maria smiled and touched his chin with a hand.

“ I love you,” Maria said, with an extreme passionate smile on her face. 

“ I love you too,” Murdock smiled and replied. 

They began cross checking all their formulas and calculations to see if they might find something they missed.

While they were still at it, Sonia suddenly walked in. 

“ Come with me,” she said to Murdock.

“ Is there a problem?” Murdock asked out of curiosity.

“ Its them, the military covert organization,” Sonia said.

On hearing this, they all left what they were doing and horridly followed Sonia and Murdock to the control room.

They arrived at the control room,  Director Shaw, Captain Matthew and Jimmy were already waiting, there were other DOD agents in the control room, they all stood, watching the surveillance footage on the big screen,

They military covert organization had launched an attack against the white house, destroying everything that stood against them, the police didn't stand a chance, there were almost a troop of soldiers from the military covert organization, exchanging fire with the police, they had heavy artillery weapons, they had RPGs too, the police and the secret service fought back so hard to prevent then from getting into the white house. 

“ They are attacking the white house?, we have to stop them before they get to the President,” Murdock said angrily.

“ Right now the entire police force and the secret service are doing their best to stop them, that gives us enough time to get there and stop them,” Director Shaw said.

At this time, President Tom and most of the senior staff and joint chiefs at the white house were already being escorted into the presidential bunker by the secret service for their safety, they got into the bunker, President Tom looked around.