Part 12 ~ The witches lair

I saw the anger in his face.
"Alec?" He stood up, face stone cold. He took his coat and left his room. I ran after him, grabbing my jacket and bag. I took the spare keys Gemma had gave  me and locked the door and turned all the lights out. I leaped in Alec's car and buckled myself up.
" one, where are we going and two, I thought you weren't allowed to drive your dads car anymore?" He stuck the key in the hole and started the car up. He turned up the heating to 18 degrees and drove off.
"We are going to the witches lair." The thought of a witch came to mind. Her sitting on her rocking chair, stroking her cat and chanting spells.
"Not an actual witch! Stephanie." That made much more sense in our situation. 
Alec's pov:
I look over to the passenger seat and see Brooke sitting there, terrified. I turn the car to 3rd gear and put my hand on hers.
"It will be fine. I just need to find out what's going on." She pulls away and looks out the window. Why? I pull the car into 2nd gear as there was a bit of traffic and I needed to slow down. As we sit in traffic I look over to Brooke. Her eyes studying a group of people on the other side of the road. Her eyes tighten as she spots a red flower worn on their coat.
"What is it?" I ask. She presses a button and the window rolls down. Brooke held up her hand and pointed it towards the people.
"Look! They are all wearing red flowers!"
"It's probably for poppy month, that is coming up soon." She looks at me angrily as I don't let her finish.
"No. You don't understand! Courtney Luck the new girl had the same flower on her clothes. The EXACT same!" She rolls up the window to block out the coldness of the night air.
Brooke's pov:
I gaze over the bunch of kids walking alone in the street. Something wasn't right. As I do so I spot someone familiar. Courtney.
"Alec! There's Courtney." I rub away the frost covering his view on the window. His eyebrows move and his eyes become small. I see he's realising I'm onto something.
"Alec, what are you doing?!" He pulls out of the lane we were in and starts following the teenagers lurking the streets. We are sitting there for a while until we reach... Stephanie's house. Alec leans over the wheel.
"Why are a group of kids our age going to Stephanie Portch's house at 9:30 pm?" He says suspicious. Alec pulls into the rather large drive and jumps out the car turning everything off. He helps me down and creeps behind the car he stole from his dad ( again)
"Alec! What are we doing?" I hold his hand as I hear an owl screech.
"Ahh!" He holds his hand over my mouth and pulls me down to the ground. I spot Stephanie peek out the window and close the curtain.
Alec's pov:
Brooke and I ran to the backyard. We linger through the gate and through the hedges. And then we saw Stephanie. Her bedroom window was open luckily so me and Brooke could just about hear what they were saying.
"What are we going to do? Alec won't wear a flower! I've bugged him all week but he just won't!" I see Brooke look over at me in shock. Just in front of our eyes Courtney stepped up.
"We can't let HIM ruin our plan so you will have to do it!"
She pointed at a brunette girl. We couldn't see her face, but we could just about hear her.
"Fine, but I'm not doing anything dirty like last time!"
What did she mean by dirty? Just after her words a fox leaped out from no where  and mad a squeaky sound. Stephanie must of heard it too as she shut the window not allowing me and Brooke to hear her plan anymore. What were they up to and what was with these red flowers?