Part 18 ~ White with a red rose

Warm, large hands wrap round my body, pulling me from the floor. As Alec lifted me up, more tears shed from my eyes. Just the thought of some psycho wrapping my best friend around their little finger angers me. Alec stroked his hand through my hair and leaned forward. He pulled me into him and hugged me. All I could do was cry. Cry my eyes out.

I looked at the time on my phone, and there it was. On my very lock screen a picture of me and Amelia, I was on her back, laughing and she was looking up at me smiling. We were so happy, so close. I opened my phone and scrolled through my picture album. Hundreds of selfies me and Gem took. Stupid, goofy faces with the ugly Snapchat filter on us. But we didn't care, we never did. All we needed was each other, and now I've lost her. I've lost my best friend.

Alec's pov:
As I see Brooke scrolling through her phone miserably, I notice a smirk on her face appear then disappear each time she clicked on a photo. I needed to do something. Throughout these past weeks all I have done is ignore her and now I finally have her, I feel like I've lost her again. I get up and walk over to the other sofa where Brooke was sitting all curled up with a blanket over her cold body. I sat down next to her and folded my arms around her.
"Brooke Clark, get up off your ass and go do something about your best friend." She looked up at me puzzled.
"You want her back?" She nodded.
"Then follow me."
Brooke's pov:
Alec held my hand and led me back up the attic. What were we doing back up here again?
"Look." He pointed around a pile of boxes labelled
Mums old stuff
I giggled at the message and guessed Alec wrote it. I opened up the box and was mesmerised to what was inside. There were loads of bikinis and sun glasses.
"My mum used to be a model, so when she would do a shoot she was allowed to take home the outfits she had to pose in." I smiled, so big my cheeks hurt. I dived in the box and focused on one bikini that just blew me away.
"I thought that if you dressed up all sexy and that then we could go to the beach party later. When i was in the Red Roses, we all had a meeting about gathering at the beach to discuss an important matter" as I looked away from Alec for a moment I thought of something. Amelia will be there! I went back into the box and picked up the bikini I had my eyes on. The top half was black, it was quite revealing but hid everything it had to. And the bottom half were also black with slits on the sides. I tried it on in the corner of the attic. As I turned around to show Alec his jaw dropped. Luckily I was tanned enough for the bikini to suit me! As we walked downstairs I took my Chanel sunglasses from my bag and put them on top of my head. I applied a nude lipgloss to my lips and through on one of Alec's mum's silk shawls to cover up my body on the way to the beach.
Before we left Alec changed into some swimming trunks that were the same colour as my bikini, I think he did it on purpose to match.

When we arrived ALOT of people were already there. I parked up my car on the side of the beach and hopped out. As I locked my Range Rover, everyone's eyes were on us. Alec and I strutted down the sand path and into the main area where everyone was. We looked like F.B.I agents! Well I guess we were. I needed to get to the bottom of the bloody Red Roses, and no one was gonna get in my way.

2 hours later ..
Me and Alec were chilling by the fire pit when we saw joe and his jock mates get out a car. Alec's arm that was wrapped around me became tense as Joe approached.
"Hey Brooke!" He smiled, but not at Alec. I smiled back and studied my eyes on joes un buttoned shirt he was wearing. It was white, with a read rose.