Part 13~ santa baby

Brooke's pov:
It's 7:00am and I'm knackered. After what happened I couldn't sleep a wink. I can't believe that the new girl was part of a cult trying to do... what exactly? I roll out of bed and glance over my phone which had a reminder notification - buy Christmas gifts. I rubbed my hand over my face and popped my slippers on. I looked over at Amelia and frowned, only if I could tell her everything. I open my door and stroll down the hallway, bumping into Alec. I notice his face was slightly bruised.
"Hey Alec , what's up with your face?!" I stroke my hand against his cuts, he pulls away.
"Nothing." He responds. Alec rushes ahead but I grab onto his had.
"WHAT HAPPEND?!" He looks me in the eye, he looked sad, like a little boy who got slapped in the face by a school bully. A tear stung his eye so he blinked.
"I have to get to class." He waddled away, like we never even spoke.
Alec's pov:
Brooke brushes her had over my cuts and bruises. She can't know what happened, it would break her. To save her tears I faked my own to get away, but were they fake? I rush away from her, hurt, in and out.
Brooke's pov:
As I reach my locker I notice Courtney the new girl strutting down the corridor, with a ginormous grin on her face. She pushed pass me and glared.
"Watch it!" She screeched.
"Sorry." I said, short and blunt.
"Hey your Brooke Clark right?!" I nodded. She passed me a leaflet and smiled.
"See you later!" She waved and went.
I read the title cheerleading auditions! Why would Courtney give me one out of all people? Then I read the bottom. By Vanessa Welters. Who the hell was Vanessa Welters?? I turned the page over, it had a picture of a young girl who had dark brown hair, braces and glasses. She's the girl from Halloween! The girl who refused to do anymore "dirty work" for the red roses people! I needed to tell Alec. Yet I couldn't, he was nowhere to be seen.
Alec's pov:
I'm hiding from Brooke. She can't know that I'm pretending to be a red rose member and that I got beaten up by one of the psycho bully's of the group. I'm doing this for mine and Brooke's own good, if I find out any more evidence that Stephanie and Courtney are up to something bad, then our school and students will finally be safe. I hope so.
Brooke's pov:
I knock on Alec's dorm. Nothing. I ring Alec's phone. Nothing. I even send him dozens of emails. Nothing. I'm getting worried, scared even. I need to do something. 2 hours later ..
I have a plan, an amazing plan that could save Alec! Tonight when I go Christmas shopping I'm going to ring Alec's mum - Mrs Jones- on a public phone and pretend that she needs to come into work urgently. While she's gone I will use the spare key that she gave me for entering the house when I'm babysitting Alec, and sneak in. Hopefully Alec will be there in his room, if not then I will have to got to plan b, raid the house until I find clues of what is going on. I think that is pretty darn clever!

I'm in Alec's house, Mrs Jones luckily fell for the phone call and now she's on her way to work, for the "emergency." I tip- toe up the stairs and storm into Alec's room, he's not there. Plan b commences. I search his room, looking for anything that will give me a hint about what's going on. I feel around his desk, opening drawers, picking up books. And then finally something falls to the ground, a secret compartment of Alec's desk. I kneel on the ground with the broken drawer, fiddling my fingers throughout every corner, and then I feel something sharp, it feels like a pin. I pick it up and then see, it's a red rose.
What was Alec doing with a red rose pin?