Part 8 ~ Oh Alec!

Today is the day of mine and Amelia big party! Before I left to go to college I especially packed a cute/ sexy dress, just in case I was to go to a party like this.

8am...
I look over at Amelia, dressed and ready for our next class.
"Hey Gem." She put down her phone and looked over at me. "We should definitely find a date for our party tonight!" I saw the look in Amelia's eyes that she wasn't happy. She has been crushing on this boy called Jackson for a while now. She thinks that he will never like her, even though I keep saying she needs to talk to him, as he might not even know she's there.
"Why don't you ask out Alec?" Amelia pointed out, giving me a smile of a devil. I looked back at her, my cheeks gone blush.
"You know it will never work! And plus he probably wouldn't even say yes." Amelia handed me a bunch of leaflets advertising our party.
"Here, go hand them out."
"What are you doing then while I'm walking around the whole campus on my own?!" She turned on her laptop and span it around so I could see the screen.
"Someone has to order all the decor and snacks!" I took the leaflets from her hand and gave her a smile.
"Oh Amelia Watts, you are one of a kind." I said, with a smile. I left our dorm.
Hours after handing out party invites, my arm started to ache. They ached so much that when I reached the football pitch I dropped the few that were left.
"Ughh!" I mumbled. As I did so Alec Jones walked over to me.
"Hey, Brooke! Do you need a hand?" I nodded and gave him half the pile of invites. He gazed over them and said.
"Oh. You and Amelia are throwing a party?!" He looked over at me as I was handing some to his fellow football players.
"Um, yeah we are." He secretly took one and shoved it into his pocket.
"So." He paused, trying to get his words out. As he finally spoke one of the football players ran over to me.
"Hey Brooke!" I couldn't believe it! Ace Miller was actually talking to me!
"So um, do you have a date for the party?" He said, loud and clear. Clear enough that Alec turned angry.
"Hey Ace, shouldn't you be taking the mick out of someone or something!" Ace walks up to Alec. His face stone cold. He made a loud noise. It sought of sounded like a dog bark. But as he did so a group of men crowded around him.
"Jones thinks he can insult me while I'm asking out missy over here!" The gang of men started to laugh at the name he called me.
"Don't call her that!" Alec walked closer to Ace, he put his arm in front of me so Ace couldn't touch me.
"Missy" as Ace said that name once more the anger couldn't stand no longer in Alec's muscular body. BOOM. Alec pushed Ace to the ground,punching his chest. I noticed the coach looking over at the commotion.
"Alec! We need to get out of here!" He got up as I clutched my hands around his waist. I looked him dead in the eye and said
"Please." His eyes sparkled in the sun, as did mine. He had light blue eyes. I had deep blue. He nodded and put his hand on mine, which was still resting on his waist. We both ran towards the dorms. Laughing our heads off of what we have caused, what Ace had caused. We reached his dorm room and ran inside.
"Phew!" We both said at the same time. I sat on his bed admiring the decor he had hung up.
"Wow! I like what you have done with your room!" He smiled and sat down beside me.
"Look Brooke, I want to ask you something." Sweat ran down my forehead, my heart beating 100 miles an hour. Then he speaks .
"Will you be my date to the party?"