Part 16 ~ My ultimate best-friend

I wake up from my sleep, tired as usual. I was awake half the night thinking of Alec. Why did he stick up for me? I get out of bed and get ready. Tonight there's gonna be a beach party, it's gonna be lit. The only problem is that Alec and Joe are going.
"Hey Gem, who are u going with to the party tonight?" She stood up from her vanity.
"You of course!" I looked her in the eye and gave a face.
"Seriously? What about that guy you've been talking to... um"
"Oh, Dennie? Yeah we have been taking but he wouldn't want to go with me, after all he is 'popular' so why would he even think about going with me?" Throughout the past few weeks Amelia has been talking to a guy called Dennie, he's cute but not my type. Dennie is the 3rd most popular kid in school ( Alec and Joe are 1st and 2nd.) I wrap my arm around Amelia and say, "just give it a go, you never know how it will turn out." She unraveled my arm from her.
"Yeah it's good for you though isn't it! You've always had all the guys round you, I've always been 2nd best!" What was she talking about? Ok, maybe I may have a nice appearance but so does she. Amelia has light green eyes, brown hair with caramel highlights, and a slim small face, what's not to like?
"What do you mean Gem?" I ask, confused.
"Oh you know! You have beautiful long NATURAL blonde hair! Nice sun kissed skin, skinny, and your a bloody Vixon!" How on earth did she know I auditioned for the Vixons? Even though I didn't know if I got on the team yet I think I have a high chance according to everyone's face.
"What's going on with you Gem? Your my best friend, not my enemy? Why are you acting so bitchy?" Amelia grabbed her bag and left our dorm. What on earth is going on with her?
We had a free period so I decided to go for a drive in my Range Rover. I reached for my keys on my side table and came across a frame with a picture of me and Amelia in high school. We were so happy. A tear stung my eye, after all that has happened recently I just couldn't hold it in. I balled my eyes out. The time was ticking so I left my dorm, still crying. As I strolled down the hallway Alec stopped me.
"Hey, what's wrong?" I looked up at him in his big deep blue eyes and cried even harder.
Alec's pov:
I saw Brooke crying, what was wrong with her?
"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked. She looked into my eyes and I looked down into hers. Even though they were full of tears, they never looked so beautiful. The light reflected into her blue eyes and I didn't want to look away, but I had to. "Hey, you know your babysitting me today." She pulled away from my arm wrapped around her waist. "Wait what?!" Brooke wiped away her heavy tears and checked her emails on her phone.
Brooke's pov:
As I scrolled down I saw an unread email. Oh my god, I have to babysit Alec in my free period!
"Ughh! Does this mean that I have to drive?" I said. He nodded and smiled.
"Yep it does, I get to go in your fancy ass Range Rover!" I chuckled a bit but not much. Maybe spending time with Alec will take my mind off Amelia.
10 minutes later...
We were half way there to Alec's house. I notice that he was staring at me in the passenger seat. All of a sudden a ray of sun light gazed over my face. I looked over at Alec , he was already looking at me.
Alec's pov:
I looked over to Brooke. As she was driving the ray of sun made her look so pretty. Her eyes shone blue and her highlighter between her eyes made her face glow. Why was I thinking about this? We made it to my drive way. I helped her out the car, even though she didn't need it. I got my keys out and unlocked the door letting her in first. Why was I feeling tingles in my stomach?