Chapter 8- Human

*Trigger Warning! ⚠️*

Damn wind.

Everyone else seems unaffected by the gusts of wind, the forces that slam into me like invisible waves over and over again. I'm convinced that I'm swaying. A strong gale causes some of my hair to fly into my mouth and I spit it out, disgusted. Why does this only happen to me?

Meanwhile all the skinny (fake) blondes are just laughing and smiling, and sipping water from their hydroflasks. Ugh. They all look like they're in a Nike advert or something, with their perfect (fake) hair swinging back and forth. Seriously though, what conditioner do they use?

I stop running and slow down. Another group of (fake) girls are stuck behind me. "Are you actually going to run or something, like, seriously, hurry up!" A girl shouts from behind me. "Like, omg, you're so slow!"

Who am I? Sonic the hedgehog?

I hold up my inhaler, as if it explains everything, slightly above my head. I hear a few grumbles and they pass me giving me (fake) apologetic looks, and once they think I'm out of earshot, start gossiping. About me.

Poor them. I pity those mortals.

The only thing sadder than being a mildly-suicidal girl, is talking about one, and wasting your time badmouthing them.

Another gust of wind causes me to stumble and I start shivering uncontrollably. I'm so goddamn cold. My fingers are shaking and I can hardly feel my legs. I'm completely numb. My lips are dry and probably blue, and I hug my sides, holding myself together.

Everyone else seems fine. How are they not cold? Can they not feel it?

Suddenly, I feel like I'm being stabbed in my stomach repeatedly. It's as if I'm being torn apart, from inside. Stop worrying, pain is good, I lie to myself. Maybe if you keep on running, you'll be as skinny as all the other girls.

I start to run, the wind pushing me backwards, and my legs unsteady. I start panicking. I'm running, but I feel like it's in slow motion and I'm not getting anywhere. Tugging the sleeves of my jumper, I watch everyone talking to their friends and having fun without me.

No one would notice, you know. You could disappear, and not a single one would care.

I push myself to run harder, gritting my teeth. But, it's a mistake and I stumble, my knees crashing into the raw earth. My teeth chatter and I keep on shivering. I'm so cold. A small cluster of three boys laugh as they pass me.

Getting up clumsily, I jog, my legs bashing into each other, and my stomach clenching painfully. I think I'm dying. I don't know whether I'm going insane, but I feel like it. Is this what it's like to go delusional?

The colours are wilting from the sky and my vision is clouding. I stumble again, and tumble to the ground, but this time, I stay on the ground. I'm just lying here, waiting for something to happen.

Again, I feel another sharp pain in my stomach and I cry out. It hurts so much. I'm looking up at the cloudy sky and I see spots of black dancing in my vision. What's happening to me? My eyes are stinging with tears from the pain.

As my vision goes black completely, the last thing that I think I see is Will, running towards me. I hear lots of voices. Too many. But as everything fades away, I stop caring and let myself fall apart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Opening my eyes, I look up, not to find sky, but ceiling. I hear machines and whispering - Am I in a hospital? Probably not. Nothing in my life is ever that drastic or cliche. "You're awake!" I hear a voice call out.

"No, I'm dead." I say, feeling vaguely snarky. Trying to sit up, I push myself up with my elbows, but then my head starts pounding. "You're not meant to sit up yet." I hear now more clearly, and I turn to see Will. He gives me a disapproving look and folds his arms.

"Well, aren't you charming!" I smile as he rolls his eyes.

"I was worried! So goddamn worried!" Will ignores my snarky comment and suddenly I feel guilty. I don't like the feeling.

"You just... collapsed. I- It was- I can't speak." Will closes his eyes and rests his head in his hands, leaning forwards. "You were so pale. So pale. I... I thought that you were..." He trails off, looking at me with his ocean blue eyes. Is it crazy if I say that they look sadder? I don't like them looking that sad at all.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Will asks, his voice almost silent.

I can't. I can't. I can't.

"What do you want me to say Will?" I say angrily. "I have no friends. None. You have friends. I'm not going to ruin that for you by wasting your time."

"Why do you always put yourself down?" He sits up, face red. I'm flustered for a moment and then I compose myself. He cares too much.

"Do you think that I would put myself down without other people doing it for me in the first place? I'm not sad or depressed, Will. I'm realistic. I don't put myself down. Other people are already doing that job perfectly." I say, almost shouting. Will sits back, shaking his head, looking slightly shocked.

"Who are these people then?" He asks me. I stay silent.

"It's not as simple as that." I say quietly.

Will exhales. His anger disappears however, and so does my headache, so I sit up. As soon as I sit up, Will moves to help me. "Thanks." I say to him as I notice how close he's standing to me.

"Your hand!" Will looks at my hand. It has a few bruises that are slightly purple-ish. Courtesy of my Father. "It's nothing." I say, swatting away his hands.

"Can I check it?"

"Knock yourself out." I shrug. He picks up my hand gently. The first thing I notice that he has really nice hands. The second thing is that my jumper sleeve has risen. Henceforth, exposing my scars.

I look at Will. His expression is blank. Then it contorts into rage and then is masked with a calm facade.

Oops.
-My intellect, never failing to suprise me.

Slowly he lifts up my sleeve and then my other sleeve. And like the idiot that I am, I stay silent and still, waiting for an asteroid to hit the school and wipe out humanity.

"Is this some kind of sick joke?" Will says without emotion, and looks me in the eye, and for once in my life, I struggle to think of a response.
................................................................
Hi! Thanks for reading this story! Every read+vote counts!

Sorry for the cliffhanger, I was feeling a little evil today! 😈

Feel free to comment and give me constructive criticism! I'm always striving to improve! Thanks!

I hope that you all have an amazing day/evening! 💛

~CatlikeG Xx