Chapter 15- Mr.Sandman

Warning: Mildly violent language (suggestively) for comedic purposes because I have a bad sense of humour ⚠️

Lol wut?

A date?

A DAAATTTTEEEEEE?????

Holy-

I blink, unsure of what to say. Did I hear him wrong? Will turns a darker shade of red and looks at me nervously.
"I- uh. I don't know what to say?" I say, but it sounds more like a question.

"Yes?" Will suggested, smirking.

"Yes?" I say aloud, thinking.

"Yes." Will says, nodding and biting his lip to refrain from laughing. I laugh happily and Will watches me, his eyes filling with hope.

"I... I think that... Oh, I don't know how to phrase this." I say and Will looks confused. "Ah, screw it." I say, looking into his eyes. "Yes."

"Yes?" He says, just to clarify and I slap him playfully on his arm.

"Yes, yes and a million times yes!" I say, smiling and imitating someone who'd just been proposed to. Will rolls his eyes.

"I haven't proposed to you," He says. "Yet." He whispers the last part, but I hear it. My cheeks heat up and I look away. Suddenly, I feel a bit awkward. I'm in Will's bedroom and we're dating (?). I know that Will wouldn't pressure me into anything but like always, I worry and consider the impossible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Instead of continuing with the project on Friday, Will decided we should go on our date. It left me hardly any time to look for an outfit, and I spent the rest of the time wondering why I even cared.

In the end, I choose a long sleeved chiffon shirt and dark jeans. I pull on a dark red beanie and a brown leather jacket and ankle boots.

Is this good enough?

I sit on my bed, ruminating. I'm scared. I've done so many bad and dangerous things to myself, but I'm scared of a date. But I can't help but wonder whether this date means as much as it means to me, to Will. I don't like to admit it, but this is my first date. Ever. For once, I want to see what I'm missing out on. Rolling my eyes, I stand up and leave my room.

My Dad's been steering clear of me lately and my Mum's working late today, so I get out of the house easily. Since neither Will or I drive, we decided to just meet at the cinema at a certain time. At this rate, I'll be early.

I need to stop worrying.

Am I worried about worrying?

Am I worried about being worried about-

Nope. Not even going to fall into that trap.

I stop walking. It's not dark yet, so getting raped isn't at the top of my list of worries, but I can't be too careful. Sighing, I start walking again, looking up at the tree branches hanging over the roads.

This is such a beautiful world.

It's a shame that we're destroying it.

After 20 minutes, I get to the cinema.

30 minutes early.

30 freaking minutes early.

So I sit down and continue ruminating. Does Will really like me? I know it's stupid, but I don't see how anybody could. Even if he doesn't, I kind of like getting lost in the dream. I like the way he helps me escape. Even if it's only temporary.

Damn, I am such a fun sponge.

I look at my phone, willing the time to pass quicker. "Ghost?" I hear a voice ask. I look up.

Will.

He's dressed in a dark red woollen jumper and denim jeans. Huh. We're matching. I don't have the courage to point this out, so I just give him a small smile. "Hi." I say, nervously. "You're early." I state.

"So are you." Will says, smiling. "Want to get a coffee?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We're sat at a coffee shop nearby the cinema, at a table looking out to the street. "Have you ever played two truths and a lie?" Will asks me. I nod, sipping my coffee.

"You go first." I say, placing down the cup.

"Okay... 1) I broke my leg skiing once, 2) I've nearly been arrested by the police and 3) One time I got stuck in a tree trying to rescue a cat that was stuck in a tree." Will says, smiling. I'm silent for a while. "Sorry, I was imagining you being stuck in a tree." I laugh.

"Ummm... Number 3's a lie." I say confidently. "You don't seem like the kind of person to get stuck in a tree."

"I thought you'd go for number 1 instead." Will says, reaching for his coffee.

"That's not how you congratulate a winner, William!" I exclaim, acting shocked, my hand over my heart. Will rolls his eyes. "Okay, your turn." He says, his eyes crinkling at the corners.

"1) I'm really bad at cooking, 2) I prefer Anne Brontë to Charlotte Brontë and 3) I've never had any friends." I say curiously.

"Number 3? I can't imagine anyone not wanting to be friends with you." Will asks me. I nod.

"Well, now you need to tell me who the friend was." Will says cheekily.

"Only if you tell me how you nearly got arrested." I say with a smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the movie we went for a walk. When we went to go to buy our tickets there were 3 options for tonight. Horror, action and romance. No way in hell was I going to watch romance and as much as I love death, horror movies freak me out. I tend to over-obsess and horror movies make me paranoid. So we went for action and throughout the movie, I estimate no less than 300 people died. It was kind of stupid and definitely unrealistic but it was funny to see Will so excited.

We walk along the river bank, Will occasionally reaching for my hand and then me swatting it away. "Wait, you're not planning on killing me and dumping my body in the water, right?" I ask jokingly.

"I thought that we established the fact that I'm not a murderer." Will says, rolling his eyes and I catch up to him.

"Good, because that would be a terrible plan." I say, smiling.

"How would you kill me then?" Will asks me curiously.

"Given that I'm not a great fighter, what I would've done is taken you out, say, for coffee and then slipped something in your drink." I say smiling.

Will stops, his eyes widening.

"All hypothetical of course." I say with a sweet smile.

Will laughs. "Continue?" He asks me. I nod.

"Probably sleeping pills. I would've waited until you got home and then suggested that you take me in for a nightcap. When you would go to get me a drink, I would make sure to steal your keys. Then, after you pass out, I would put on a pair of gloves and... Wait, do you have a blender?" I ask him.

"Why would you need a- oh. Oh..." Will's eyes widen in shock and he stares at me. "Should I be worried?" He asks me.

"Probably." I say with a shrug. "So, how exactly did you get nearly arrested then?"

"Now that's a long story." Will said with a smile.
..........................................................
I don't really have much of an author's note but so much has happened recently.

Black lives matter but it isn't just enough to just repeat it. There has to be change and we all have to play a part in educating ourselves about it.

Also, happy pride month!

I hope that everyone's keeping safe. Xx

~CatlikeG