Chapter 16- Truce

"Err, do you know that vine? The one that's like Zach, stop." Will asks me. I stop walking and stare at him in shock. "Where are you going with this?" I ask him, trying to hide my smile.

"Patience is a virtue." Will says and I roll my eyes. "Alas, before my soliloquy was interrupted, I was asking a question." We continue walking.

"The answer to your query would be positive." I reply in a similar manner. "Also, soliloquy? I think you've been spending too much time with me Will."

Will laughs. I try not to blush at the sound. "Maybe. But I was with a few friends and we decided to recreate the vine and I ended up with a caution." He says. "I still have a copy of the video."

"When you were arrested did the person behind the camera say Mary , is that a police?" I ask him.

"Ghost. You astonish me more and more everyday. Who would know that you're familiar with meme culture?" Will asks me, jokingly. I laugh. There's nothing more amusing than dead vine references (sarcasm, of course). Suddenly, I realize that we've reached Will's house.

"Is this the part where I walk you up to the door and kiss you on the porch while your parents give disapproving looks through the window?" I ask him, joking. Will blushes at the mention of kissing.

"Actually my parents aren't home." He says quietly.

"That has got to be one of the most popular lines used in romance novels. After it's spoken, the main characters always end up sleeping in the same bed because they'll argue over the couch and they'll wake up in the morning hugging each other." I say, frowning.

"So, do you want to come in?" Will asks me.

"Oh, definitely." I say. Will laughs.

Will unlocks the front door and we step inside at the same time. The lights are all off, hiding my blush. I try to compose myself before Will turns them on, closing the front door behind him. "I- uh... I don't wish to impose or anything but I was wondering whether I could bother you for a little longer than you've probably planned." I ask Will.

"Sorry, what? I don't speak genius Summer." Will says. I smile but then I realise that Will called me by my actual name. Strangely enough, I don't mind, the sincerity in Will's voice making me shut myself up.

"Oh sorry. I wasn't thinking. It's just weird calling you Ghost all the time because you... Well, matter to me." Will says and this time he's the one who can't hide his blush. I laugh.

I guess I care for Will too. Probably more than he cares for me and probably more than I should. Not that I would ever admit that to him.

"I guess I don't entirely loathe your company." I joke and Will raises his eyebrows. "Oh shut up." I add quickly, noticing his expression and I kiss his cheek unexpectedly, running my hand through his golden hair.

Damn, where did that sudden confidence come?

Will's cheeks flush even more (as do mine) as he looks at me, slightly confused. After a couple of seconds, a wide grin erupts on his face and turns away to hide it.

Cute.

I smile, noticing how I affected him. "So, do you want to work on the project?" I ask him, trying to mimic the most serious face I could think of. Will's smile falls like a ton of bricks and I laugh after I can't hide it any longer.

It's not long until Will starts laughing too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A strawberry Nesquick for the lady." Will says, handing me a pale pink drink in a clear glass. I accept it.