Chapter 6

Miley pov.

"Miley? Miley? Wake up" Jenna yelled, banging my door making me glare at it.

"Stop banging, I am up and ready" I said once I opened the door.

Jenna looked like the definition of hangover. Her blond hair was a huge mess, her mascara was smudged all over her eyes, she was wearing someone's else shirt and wore only one of her heels. " god, you look like a mess"

She blinked at me with a mouth wide open face. "Y-you are ready?"

"I clearly look like I am, don't I?" I asked looking down at my peach hoodies and the black leggings.

I walked back to the closet and opened the door, revealing a mirror. I brushed my bangs once again and brushed my brown hair which was in a pony. "Is it too much? Do I look okay?"

"You look perfect, Miley" She said giving me a smile, at least that's what it looked like with her smudged red lipstick.

I gave her a small smile and held her arm. "why don't you go and take a Tylenol and I will make you a cup of coffee? There is a big day ahead for both of us" I said, squeezing her arm lightly.

"sometimes I wonder if I am the adult or you are" Jenna said giving me my backpack.

I chuckled and went downstairs with Jenna trailing behind me. I placed my bag on the couch and entered the kitchen. I took out a cup and added some sugar and coffee powder in it.

"when will you be back?" Jenna asked sitting on the counter table opposite to the fridge.

" aren't you supposed to know the answer to that question?" I asked, as I added hot boiling water into the cup. 

"well as you can see I have no idea, I am asking you" Jenna said shrugging her shoulders.

"I don't know, I think four or something" I mumbled adding milk into the cup. "Anyways I need to search for a job, so I may be late"

I needed an excuse to be alone to take care of customers, If I get any of them at school. So even though I know that the school ends at three in the afternoon I needed to buy more time, so lied that the school ends at four and since one hour isn't enough, I am pushing my lie.

"why do you need a job? Don't your parents own the whole country or something?" Jenna asked, as she took a Tylenol from the cupboard attached to the counter she was sitting on.

"No, Jenna" I dragged her name." Dad is just a top businessman in Barcelona and my mom just happens to be an amazing lawyer in whole of California. They don't own the whole country, they are just famous in different countries" 

"so that doesn't include you in the list of top ten richest brats?" she asked, gulping the pill. 

I glared at her and gave her the coffee, She took a sip of it and sighed in relief. "damn, Miles. Richest brat or not you are the best coffee maker" She said grinning at me.

"I know and I am not the richest brat" I said with a pout. "and I am leaving, I am gonna be late for school if I don't leave now"

Jenna gave me a kiss on my cheek and a hug, before I got out of the kitchen. I took my backpack and made my way to the bicycle which I usually used when I came to New York. And since it had been months since I came here it was housed with spiders and all other small insects. I groaned lightly and cleaned the bicycle as quickly as I could and bolted out of the house.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

All my life I had been in one school, so I would be lying if I said that I am not that nervous. I let out a chuckle at the stupidity. Of all the things I have been through, it was lame that I was scared of joining a new school. Doing all the research about JKH it was what exactly Jenna had told me about. This school had the high standards of educational excellence, which made it better than other schools and top emerging educational institute.