Chapter 4: Animal

Dipper POV

I gasp, jumping awake from my sleep. I jumped so hard that I fell out of my bed. My eyes darting to my surrounds, my mind clouded with a slight of pain. The events of last night are such a blur. I slowly stand up, rubbing my temples.

I sit back on my bed, running my fingers through my hair. "Was all of that a dream or...."

I feel my foot kick something that was under my bed. I look down as my eyes widen. The duffle bag from last night, along with my somehow clean knife. My eyes widen as I pull out the five jars with the minigolf ball heads. I look at one of them, noticing it was glowing a bright blue shade.

"Just....when did I get home?" I question, placing the jars on top of my night stand.

"I helped you out with that pine tree." Bills voice rings in my ear.

I jump, looking around my room. "Bill? How can I hear you right now?"

"I gained some of my power back thanks to that kill of yours which was sloppy. You have to be more careful pinetree."

I raise an eyebrow, unlocking my bottom desk drawer. "What do you mean? I don't fully recall the events from last night."

"That damn llama sweater knows Dipper."

"Pacifica knows!?" I shout, rushing to place the jars into the bottom drawer.

Before Bill could answer back, I hear mable call my name from downstairs. I frown, locking my drawer before leaving my room. As I walk down the stairs, a feeling of uneasiness washes over me. When I made it down, I grip the stairwell.

"Hyia Dipper! Pacifica just wanted to know if you were here so I called you down. She didn't believe me for some reason."

"Is that So? Well I'm here in the flesh and spirit." I said while walking into the kitchen to make myself some cereal.

"U-uh Mabel....Can I talk to you outside?" Pacifica stutters, tugging at mable's sweater sleeve.

Mable nods her head and smiles. "Sure!" She said as Pacifica leads her outside.

I take a few bites of my cereal while watching them talk. I couldn't hear them speaking until their voices begin to bounce around in my head.

"Bill are you-?"

"Just listen closely pine tree."

"What's the matter Pacifica? You seem all down and gloomy. Lighten up!"

Pacifica steps a little closer to mable, reaching down to grab her hand and gives it a gentle squeeze. "Mable....there's something I have to tell you...about dipper."

I narrow my eyes as I take a break from eating. I rest my elbows on the kitchen table, my fingers connected as they press against my nose and mouth so only my eyes are visible to her. I blink my eyes, my vision going from clear to yellow.

"What about him?"

"Doesn't be seem kind of...off to you?"

I watch mable place a hand on her chin and nods her head. "Well now that you mention it he has seem a little off, but that's just Dipper being dipper!"

"No mable! Just..." she sighs, scratching the back of her neck. "Mable he-"

"I'd take a quick glance at the window before saying anything else to shooting star, llama sweater." Bill said through my head and I guess through Pacifica's considering her reaction.