A typical Northwest territory Thanksgiving.

hey. I don't really know how to start this...

Basically some of the states on thanksgiving, Illinois just wants to enjoy his favorite holiday with his loved ones but Ohio and Michigan really shouldn't be in the same place.

characters:Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 Illinois looked at the chaos surrounding him, as Indiana attempted to separate Ohio and Michigan from strangling each other. Ohio snarled at the Michigoose, shouting every profanity his mind could recall as he blocked her knife with a pot he seemed to have with him. Indiana was nearly crying, as he had spent so much time attempting to be the middle man that he was about to give up and scavenge around for his lucky limestone chunk. Illinois felt his vain pop as Michigan snarked gleefully to the Buckeye, who was now throwing the nice antique plate Illinois tiredly decided would be nice to use for today at her forehead.

"Wow bud, you really need to chill."

"Funny that the messy haired bitch threatening me with a fucking knife is saying that bullshit!"

'I should have fucking known better...'

 Inadiana watched his brother become more and more agitated with the long time rivals. Carefully making his way around the table to his brother, he stated, not so much questioned, in his thick hillbilly drawl.

 "You do realize how stupid that was."

 "Yup."

 Michigan's knife was just about to finally impale the pot of the cussing buckeye, when Illinois stood up and slammed his hands onto the table threateningly. the two states froze and slowly turned to face the flatlander as he glared disdainfully at the rivals.

 "I should have expected you to be so damn petty. But now you are going to sit down, and get along until you go home. Do you read me."

Ohio struggled to complain to Illinois, however Michigan slapped her hand over his mouth and nodded.

"Got it Illi..."

 After that whole incident was over, the four enjoyed thanksgiving together, not without snarky glares and snide commentary, however less physical fighting.

"So who y'all voting for?" 

++++++++++++++++

notes; 

Michigoose is the female variant of the neutral term for those from Michigan, Michigander. there's also the much more fun yooper or troll, however that would mean that she would only represent Upper (yooper) or Lower (troll). While she is technically both, I went with Michigoose. She has a knife because... well, "cereal makers, serial killers", as well as Detroit, however she's nothing like Belarus, don't worry, and doesn't always have it on her. She is also unreliable with money (Michigan lost a lot of their money back in the day), and amazing with cars.

Ohio is cussing like that because Ohio has the highest amount of cussing (I don't know if they still hold that spot, but my god you bet I'm channeling my unprovoked internal rage with this boi). He also really likes chili and aviation, and loves rock like Tennessee, Nevada, and Mississippi, as well as a few others. 

 My god Indy has so little persoality right now, or I couldn't really portray it within the context. Indiana is one of my favorite states (yes, a long family lineage creates bias but why shoud that matter?), so I add a buch of obscure and less focused on traits. He's a hillbilly with a limestone obsession, he farms quite a bit and has a love for trucking and RACING, one of the only traits coming from Northern Indiana.

 Illinois is one of my sane babies, but like D.C has a very much decreasing mental state. He adores Thanksgiving as its purest form - Lincoln's will to hold the people together and appreaciate what we have. So he is vitally pissed that Ohio and Michigan are still fighting on a day where we should all come together. however, he forgets...

Michigan and Ohio fought a one year war with each other over statehood, tricked each other so Ohio gets the intended prize but Michigan gets more land, and now have a sports rivalry. there's almost no way these two can ever fully repair their relationship from when they were little.

ah yes, the classic "so who are you voting for", the best way to ruin any conversation when people are usually rowdy. Please interpret any of the three possibilities (Illinois ain't dealing with that shit) you think suits it best.

Imma be posting some more thanksgiving stuff later on, but fitting it all in here would be a nightmare, since wattpad keeps acting up.