Massachusetts

So Massachusetts' birthday was the 6th of February, and while this is late, I thought I'd post her bio from amino.

http://aminoapps.com/p/by54gx

Edit: so you can't click it... oops

That's her bio's link on amino, I'd suggest clicking on it for the whole of everything.

Official name; The Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Massachusetts is Native American in origin, from the Massachusett tribe. It means "Great mouth of the hill".

Nicknames; Mass (common shortenings of Massachusetts), masshole (common slang referring to an asshole, mainly a driver from Massachusetts ), Plym (just a shortening of Plymouth, the oldest town in Massachusetts) MA (joke on parental/sibling part in the raising of many states, and her abbreviation).

Location; northeastern United States of America, in the region of New England. New England has an alternative name as le nouvelle Angleterre, because of having a large French speaking population for America, however that isn't directly in Massachusetts, just the region as a whole, which is tightly knit from its beginning as the first time the colonies viewed themselves as a whole rather than thirteen separate ones.

Motto; "Enise petite placidam sub libertate quietem"

"By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty"

Capital; Boston

Boston was named after a town in Great Britain, since Massachusetts was a British colony.

Largest city; Boston

Oldest city/town; Plymouth

Government; democratic republic (Massachusetts is an American Commonwealth, so I put the federal government's type.)

Current governor; Charlie Baker (republican)

Largest political party; democratic, liberal

Massachusetts is a very traditional state, holding onto a lot of traditional American ideals and habits. The state, despite being old fashioned, has a great education system. It has ranked in the top (number one in 2018) in education, and has the highest amount of people with a bachelors degree, the 7th highest school spending rate, and has the thirteenth highest high school graduation rate. These statistics are based on 2018 study, they may no longer be that accurate. Massachusetts also has multiple esteemed universities, to the point it's one of the most well known traits. Harvard is the oldest university in America and is still well known for its prestige. M.I.T. has ranked the best university world for seven years. Massachusetts also has the highest amount of physicians in the entire continent of North America, which is a double edged sword for some people, however is notable none the less. Massachusetts also has over twice as many people as the nation of Belgium.

Massachusetts history;

Around AD 800; Vineland theory. While not confirmed, the island of Martha's Vineyard, a popular vacation spot for the rich and famous in Massachusetts, is possibly Vineland. On an offshoot Island of Martha, now a reservation illegal for humans to step land on, there is a rock shape like a whale. Under that rock is a smaller rock with perfect Viking runes, including Leif Erickson's name. Despite these rocks now being submerged by the ocean and are mostly inaccessible to humans (due to the previous reservation), we know about them from pictures during the early 1900s. Wether or not they are a hoax is unknown, and unlikely to be ever known. There's also the skeleton wearing Viking armour found in Boston, but it was burnt to a crisp in a fire in the late 1800s, so once again, will never be known. There are many other things that make people believe the Vikings came to New England, but they either aren't likely or I just have no clue. However, there is no debating that Newfoundland was a Viking settlement. I like to believe this because Martha's Vineyard. Vineland. Martha is known for vineyards, that's why it's named that.