The Old woman in Dale

"Come and sit down, dear. Yes, you, there, standing by the fisherman's stall. Yes, I can see you. You're new to Dale, aren't you? I've been here longer than anyone, and I'm sure I've never seen your face before. Although I'm sure you could tell that already. The years certainly haven't been kind on this old woman. Do sit down. Yes, right here, under the tree. Isn't it beautiful? I used to come here when I was a young woman. I used to sing and the animals would join me. Birds, deer, badgers, squirrels, all sorts. It's funny, I used to think that this tree reminded me of a broken heart. See the funny break there, in the branches? Oh, you're looking at the castle? Yes, dear, you'd be right. That's the Kingdom of Erebor. A mighty kingdom, is it not? You know, there was once a great king who lived there, thousands of years ago. He's long dead now, but his legacy lives on. What's that? Oh, you've heard the story, have you? I suppose you'll think that he perished in the Battle of the Five Armies, along with his nephews, hmm? Yes, I thought so. Just rumours spread by his jealous cousin Dain, a stubborn dwarf if ever there was one. No, he did not die in that battle, young one. Would you like to hear the true story? I know what really happened all those years ago. Yes, it seems as though we have some time. You just relax, dear, and I will tell you the true story of the Company of Thorin Oakenshield and their quest for The Lonely Mountain. I suppose I should start from the very beginning, when Smaug the Terrible stole the Mountain from the House of Durin..."