Chapter 16: Mantis's Life Story; Drift and Ma-.....Jade ~5~

Pain. Hurt. Injuries. Darkness. Hard. Loneliness. Fear.

Those were the first things that registered to Mantis when she felt her systems rebooting and her body coming out of stasis. Wait....how did she end up in stasis anyways?

Then her optics snapped online as well as her other systems.

Including her sensors and pain receptors and so on.

Instantly, pain washed over her. There were more obvious pangs of them originating from.....she didn't even know where and she doubt she could pinpoint the exact places considering how everywhere seemed to hurt.

Where was she? What happened? How did she end up like this? Or should she say.....how was she still online and not in the Well?

Then it came back.

She had been running. Running from the dojo- they had been ambushed and Yoketron told her to leave. She managed to get out and then.....then flyers and......

Decepticons!

She had encountered Decepticons. Two of them. They were deserters and they were looking to make a quick buck or find some sort of bargaining chip.

Then they found her and chased her until she was at a cliff and then.....

Holy scrap. Sweet Solus Prime and Primus himself- she jumped off a slagging cliff!

And survived.

As the memories came back, so did the pain full force which didn't help. At all. In all honesty, it was a miracle she was online to register the pain to begin with.

'Primus.....must finally be on my side.' She thought. But for how long she didn't know.

But she realized grimly and realistically, she was going to soon. Chances are, she'll soon find herself face-to-face with Primus even.

'And maybe Shifu.' She thought.

Mantis decided there was no point in grasping onto any hopes- they were as fickle as her life currently was and to raise her hopes only to get them dashed again was something she could avoid and wanted to at least do as much before she went offline.

^^*************^^

The aftermath of a battle was always as bad- if not worse than the actual battle itself.

'No, not a battle. An ambush. A massacre.' The young bot- a Cybertronian with a sleek white frame that also had red and yellow accents and a lithe but strong protoform, a falchion sword slung on his back thought as he stood within the room he once stood in to meet the benevolent wise Yoketron.

' The young bot- a Cybertronian with a sleek white frame that also had red and yellow accents and a lithe but strong protoform, a falchion sword slung on his back thought as he stood within the room he once stood in to meet the benevolent wise Yok...