Chapter 10: The Difference Between Us.

After the story, Eva remained silent. Violet gave her time to compose herself before inquiring further.

Eva told Violet that she wanted to get a cab at the Crestfallen Cab Stop to take her to her shop in Shellhaven. She would just pick up her items there Then, they would go to the Castle Crestfallen. She promised to be quick.

"Okay," Violet agreed. "I'm sure King Arnwood wouldn't kill me even if I'm a bit late."

They then took a taxi to Shellhaven.

They sat comfortably in the back seats of the cab. But there remained an awkward silence between them as they drove. 

Eva kept her hands together and refused to speak.

Violet decided to break this weird mood...

"I'm sorry, Eva. That should never have happened to you."

"It's okay

"It's okay. It happened a long time ago," Eva paused for a moment then continued. "Anyway, after that, I hauled myself back to the Circle. I resigned and came here. The rest is history."

"I'm glad you decided to leave all of that behind. I commend you for your bravery," Violet complimented her friend. 

Violet put her hand on Eva's shoulder to comfort her.

"As a soldier, I get what you went through.  You're not alone. It's hard at first, but it gets better. I promise," Violet assured her with a smile. "You'll make it."

Eva returned it with her awkward smile then quickly stared at the window out of embarrassment.

"Yeah, hehe... of course," chuckled Eva weirdly as she fixed her glasses.

 of course," chuckled Eva weirdly as she fixed her glasses

The driver dropped them off at Eva's second shop...

"I appreciate you for driving us all the way here," thanked Violet with a bow.

Flattered by her manners, the driver tipped her hat off to her.

"Pleasure's all mine, young lady."