Chapter 1: The Meeting

Mao Mao, Badgerclops, and Adorabat sat at there table eating breakfast. Mao Mao was telling Adorabat about a few techniques he'd show her later. "I CAN'T WAIT!!!" Adorabat squealed.

Mao Mao smirked "I think you'll find them quite-" The monster alarm shreaked.

"Alright! Some action!" Badgerclops pumped his fist.

"To the Aerocycle!" Mao Mao said in his best hero voice.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A black, squid-like jelly monster was making it's way to the Ruby Pure heart on the top of the castle. "WOOHOO!!! Another jelly monster!" Badgerclops cries excitedly.

"This one's HUGE." Adorabat murmurs in a worried tone. "It's twice as big as the other one you fought."

"Don't worry, Adorabat." Mao Mao smiles. "If anyone can take it down, it's us three."

"I hope you're right, Mao Mao." Adorabat thinks to herself.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The jelly monster is tougher than Mao Mao thought. The trio tries everything, but the beast just won't stop. Mao Mao is so focused on killing the monster that he doesn't even notice one of it's tentacles flying right at him until it's to late. He's sees his life flash before his eyes. "Hold on!" A stranger's voice calls out

Suddenly, Mao Mao is out of the way. He the person who saved him turns around quickly and runs at the beast. "Their so fast!" Mao Mao thinks. "All I see is a white blur!"

In no time flat, Mao Mao's savior strikes the monster down as black jelly explodes every where. "MAO MAO!!!" Badgerclops cries as he and Adorabat rush over to Mao Mao. "Are you okay!?" Mao Mao doesn't answer...he finally sees the face of his savior.

She is a cat with snow white fur. She wore a short, purple dress and a matching cape. The dress stopped right above her knees. Her tail is looped around her like a belt. "Probably so it doesn't get in her way while she fights." Mao Mao thinks dreamily. She held a razor sharp dagger in each hand and was trying to get the black jelly off of them. The daggers had matching lilac handles and twilight colored blades. As she sheathed her blades, she turned to face Mao Mao.....her eyes made Mao Mao's heart stop. They were a crystal blue with violet specks. They glimmered like stars.

Mao Mao didn't notice she was right in front of him until she held out her hand to help him up. Mao Mao took the hand and didn't seem to notice the looks of shock on his friends faces.

As he stared into her eyes, Mao Mao felt heat rush to his face. "What's wrong with me?" He thought. "Am I sick? My stomach feels knotted. Why is it so hot all of a sudden? I feel like I might float away in a cloud just by looking at her. I don't understand why I'm feeling so funny. Maybe it's just the shock from almost dying? What ever it is, it somehow feels....really good."

"You gonna stand there gawking, or tell me your name Jellyboy?" That's when Mao Mao realized he was covered in monster jelly. He tried to muster his name.

"I-I-I a-hem M-Mao M-M-Mao!" Why was his voice so quavery? The girl let out a soft laugh. "Oh her laugh!" Mao Mao thought, "It's like my head is full of warm air!"

"Well Mao Mao," her voice was so soothing and sweet, like honey. She stuck out her hand and Mao Mao shook it. "I'm Winter! I just moved here!"