Chapter 6: Betrayal

The alarm woke up the gang and Mao Mao's family, which had stayed the night. Mao Mao rushed outside to see a giant blimp over Pure Heart Valley. It was heading for the Ruby Pure Heart. Mao Mao growled as his friends and family joined him outside.

"It's them." Mao Mao said threw grinding teeth. "It's the Willowmanes."

"Bro, are you sure you can do this?" Badgerclops placed a hand on Mao Mao's shoulder.

"Of course I can! I can do anything! To the autocycle!" They flew to the blimp at lightning speed. Mao Mao's family followed on foot. They would make sure the citizens were safe.

"Well look at that, Winter!" Greysin laughed as they flew over the valley. "Looks like your boyfriend and his gang are coming to try and stop us!" Winter's eyes widened as she saw Mao Mao. Greysin howled with laughter. "How amusing!"

"Mao Mao!" She thought frantically. "Run! He's crazy! He'll kill you!"

"So what's the plan?" Adorabat seemed worried as she asked. Mao Mao grunted.

"Stop the Willowmanes and take down that blimp before they get the Ruby Heart." Adorabat just nodded in agreement. It wasn't long before they landed.

"Well look who's here!" Greysin looked upon the trio. Mao Mao saw Winter and looked at his team.

"You two handle Greysin. Winter is mine." And with that, Mao Mao lunged at Winter.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The blimp couldn't go anywhere since no one was steering. Greysin easily dodged B.C and Adorabat's attacks, and even gave a few of his own. Winter wouldn't even draw her daggers against Mao Mao.

"Why won't you fight!?" Mao Mao screamed as he lunged at Winter again. She barely dodged it.

"Becky I don't want to hurt you!" Winter was in tears. She had screwed up bad. She really didn't want to hurt Mao Mao, but he didn't believe her. This was all her fault. How could she fix it?

"Enough games!" Greysin howled again. He swatted Adorabat to the side. Winter snapped. She may have only known Adorabat for short time, but she had already decided, you do Not. Mess. With. ADORABAT!!! Winter pulled out a dagger and threw it across the blimp. It made a deep cut along Greysin's arm.

"Ahh!" He turned to face Winter. "You  little- You betray me!? I'll show you what happens when you betray GREYSIN WILLOWMANE!!!" Greysin grabbed a gun from inside his jacket and aimed at Mao Mao. "Say goodbye to loverboy!" He fired. Mao Mao realized what was happening. He didn't have enough time to dodge...he didn't have to.

A white furred body blocked the bullet. Winter fell to the ground in a heep. Mao Mao knelt down. Greysin stared for a moment, but the Badgerclops knocked him with a tooth breaking punch to the face.

"Winter?" Mao Mao whisper as he rolled Winter onto her back. She looked up at Mao Mao and smiled.

"Hey...Jellyboy....did you....miss me?" Mao Mao saw that the bullet had lodged itself in her side. There was blood seeping from the wound. He ripped off part of his cape and did his best to apply enough pressure to stop the crimson flow that spread across her snowy fur.

"Yeah." Mao Mao's voice wavered. He had to keep her awake. "I missed you a lot."

"Really? I thought....you hated...me?" Winter's eyes dropped a little.

"I could never hate you." Tears started to flow down his face. He spoke the truth. He wasn't mad at her. He was upset because he had thought she didn't love him. "Why did you do that? Why didn't you let him hit me?" Mao Mao was close to sobbing.

"You do....anything....to protect the....one you....love." There it was. Mao Mao started sobbing. "Hey....don't cry....I won't....leave you...I promise..."

"You better not." Mao Mao tried to smile. "I couldn't live without you." Mao Mao hardly noticed his family climbing onto the blimp. He didn't see his sisters rush over with a med kit. He only saw Winter. He only saw how she was slowly fading away.