Chapter 9: WHA

The frenzy began. The sisters swept up the two smaller cats and ruffled their brothers fur. Adorabat was shouting incoherent gibberish, Badgerclops had a sly look, and Shin smiled to himself in the corner. When the sisters finally put them down, they started exchanging coins. Mao Mao saw Ran being handed coins.

"MOM!!! YOU BET ON IT TOO!?!?" Ran just smiled and slipped her bag of coins into her pocket.

"I HAVE A MOM!!!" Adorabat shouted as she squeezed Winter's leg. This caused Winter and Mao Mao's eyes to light up.

"Dude, why did you two keep this a secret?" Badgerclops giggled.

"Because of that." Mao Mao pointed to his mom and sisters, who were now talking about wedding plans.

"Oh....I can understand that." Badgerclops giggled again. While everyone was distracted, Mao Mao slipped Winter's paw into his and snuck them out of the door. They climbed up onto the roof.

"Your family is definitely something." Winter smiled, but it faltered when she thought of how they were talking about her and Mao Mao getting married.

"Yeah." Mao Mao sighed. "You learn to love them." Mao Mao also though of how they talked about marriage. There was ackward silence.

"Would you?" Winter asked.

"Would I what?" Mao Mao tried to play dumb.

"You know....ask me?" Mao Mao blushed insanely.

"I-I-I mean...anyone with half a-a brain would." Mao Mao looked away.

"That doesn't answer my question, Mao Mao." Winter leaned closer.

"I mean its a little soon to be thinking about-" Winter put a finger on his lips.

"Mao Mao...I won't get mad either way, so tell me the truth. Would you ask me to marry you?" She removed her finger. Mao Mao gulped.

"Yes." Suddenly the alarm sounded. Not the monster alarm, but the alarm that said something was wrong in the castle. Winter got a sickening feeling that a certain prisoner had escaped.