ch12: Bad Kitty!

"Ethan, did you over sleep again?" Maya asked with displeasure.

"Calm down I had some paperwork to deliver at the office before i could let you have you way with me." I wiggled my brows despite her not being able to see me.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny Ethan. You should use that as an opening act." She said sarcastically. I turned down into an alleyway before coming to a stop outside her building. She stood facing towards the line of street vendors on the other side of the road, eyes occasionally wandering from her page to the glaze over the area. She looked so content when she read. Her nose buried into a book while her she spoke on the phone.

I waited a bit leaning on the brick wall. She looked adorable dressed in baggy, paint stained clothing, but Maya always looked nice. She could wear a trash bag and I'll still gawk at her.

"Ouch!" I mocked holding my chest. "Shots fired!"

"Just hurry up I'm waiting outside."

"But I'm already here."

"Of course you are." She taunted not looking up from her book.

"Okay than so you doing mind if I-" I inched towards her leaning down to whisper in her ear. I planted a soft kiss on her cheek.

Her eyes widened with shock before moving away from me. She looked to the side failing to hide her flushed cheeks. I chuckled rubbing the back of my neck feeling the heat rise to my own.

I can't believe I just did that! Oh god it's gonna be so awkward! Nice going Ethan! I felt like slapping myself for being so stupid! I was about to apologize but stopped when I felt a pair of soft lips on my cheek.

"Hi." She said meekly.

"Hey." I replied breathlessly.

____________________________________

"Make yourself at home." She said opening the door to her studio before walking in.

My eyes wondered around the room taking ever in. Maya had a nice set up here. To the right was a kitchen and stairs which probably led to the bedroom. While on the left was a her art supplies and canvases. Accompanied by a spectacular views of the city. I walked in and sat down on the couch.
"Nice place you got here."

Maya sat down two cups on the coffee table joining me on the couch.

"Your place isn't too bad itself. Despite the only pop of colour being your books " She said sinking down deeper in the couch.

"Don't be so sure you haven't seen the bedroom yet." I smirked earning a pillow to the face.

"So smooth." She said sarcastically but the smile on her face gave it away. "I like this new Ethan."

"New Ethan?"

"Yeah. His more relaxed, more playful... his more happier." Her voice was warm just like the rest of her, warm and inviting.

"Aww you're such a softy." I joked poking her nose. I pulled her onto me making her giggle. She stirred a bit on my chest before settling down. I sunk into the couch propping my feet up on the coffee table."I guess you're right. The past weeks have been surprising to say the least."

"Surprisingly good or surprisingly bad?" She looked up at me through her lashes.

Looking back at the events that past I paused before answering. "It was surprising, surprising. Both good and bad. If that makes any sense. I made amends with my past and hopefully fixed some of my future."

Maya didn't reply she just gave an understanding nod. We stayed in the silence not wanting to ruin the moment. It was comfortable silence the type were no words were needed. I played aimlessly with her hair and she drew patterns on my chest.