Jin Mengyao/Guangyao

The king of Lanling Guangshan was known for his affairs with other women and also to his own concubines but never shared much attention to his wife but only gave his attentions to his sons. Most of his children were illegitimate due to his affairs with other women. Only two of his sons were, Mengyao and Xuanyu. Zixuan is his only legitimate son and heir.

Zixuan is his first born and the only son of him with his wife lady Jin, who is in fact the friend of queen Yu Ziyuan of Yunmeng.

The other one Xuanyu is his son by a concubine of noble birth but due to being illegitimate he dosen't mind him that much due to being a cut sleeve but still care for him as his son

But to the most of his sons the most least that he like is his son from a commoner and his name is Mengyao. Due to being a son of a low rank concubine he often from other places such as towns or villages near the city of Lanling. When his mother died he was taken by his father to the palace to be cared of as a prince.

He had a strained relationship with his brothers too. Being envy at Zixuan being the most favorite son and being abusive towards Xuanyu making him suffer from mental psychological break down. This incident always occur was Guangshan talks about his sons and never to mention Mengyao always even though he accomplish harder duties at the palace. This makes him being jelous with his siblings and even had a rivalry with them.

As the years go by Guangshan also realized all of his hard work as prince and accepts him at the court as next in lune to his brother Zixuan (due to the fact that Xuanyu is born the last). When the prophecy about his downfall at the hands if one of the Nie princes he became so resentful about it and even cur his ties with Mingjue himself. Even his place as the next heir was changed nor his father din't allow him to be the next ruler after his brother instead Xuanyu's place in the family's line of succession got higher than his own  even though he had the potential to rule. But what he din't know that it was Mingjue's younger brother who will lead to his downfall as king of Jin.