07. A NIGHT OF REGRET

It had been a week since Caroline's mom died and she snapped slowly after that, everyone tried to save her but it didn't work

It had been a week since Caroline's mom died and she snapped slowly after that, everyone tried to save her but it didn't work. I tried to find Mac but I couldn't so I assumed she went home and that was not an option for me. I also didn't know what happened to Kai because honestly, I haven't left my room. Everyone blames me for Liz Forbes's death, but I didn't do and I'm scared that Jeremy might kill me with those stupid arrows.

I laid on my bed while staring at the wall when a loud knock at my door interrupted me. I shot up and I watched a card slip under my door, so I got up and got out of my bed for the first time in a while. I picked it up and it was an invitation for a ball, I flipped it over and right away I saw it was from Care.

You have been invited to Caroline Forbes ball at 10:00 pm tonight

Dear Mel, 

I thought I catch you up on what's happening the gang wants to fix me and that won't happen. Why won't you let that happen because if you do I'll kill your boy toy or maybe have a taste of him for myself.

xoxo-Care & Stef

"A Ball? Come on you couldn't have a party." I sighed, but I knew I had to go even though I need to get away from Kai, I can't leave him for dead. When I went to throw the invitation away I read the ending again and that's when it hit me. "Care and Stef-, God damn it, Stefan, why do you have to be the hero all the time." I crumpled the paper and threw it at the wall, but then I froze. "Wait why the hell do I care? For all I care, Kai and Stefan can fuck off." I'm crazy, holy shit I'm going crazy, aren't I. After a moment to calm down I walked into my bathroom and got dressed so I could go get my ball gown. 

__________

10 pm

"Time to party," I said to my self sarcastically as I walked up the steps to some big event hall Care texted me about. My dress glimmered in the light, it was a dress that my mother made me for events back home. The dress reflected me it was black with a white star-like shape on it, my mother added glitter to it to match my evil yet pure soul. After a couple of steps, I was at the door which had two men at the front to open the door. The door opened and I was welcomed by people everywhere, which was no help because I need to find Care. The venue was beautiful, for once I wanted to enjoy the moment after this week, but I had a job to do. So I made my way past the crowd and to the bar.

"What can I get ya." The man asked as I walked up to the bar. "Shot of vodka." I smiled and the man turned around to grab the shot. As I stood there I had the feeling like someone was watching me, so I turned to look around the room and there I saw him...Stefan. I turned away quickly but it was too late and he made his way over to me, right as he walked up the bartender past me my shot and I downed it. "Trying to forget tonight already." He laughed leaning on the bar. "No trying to keep someone alive." I said coldly and I tried to leave because I didn't want to see Stefan, but before I could leave he grabbed my arm. He pulled me in close and whispered in my ear. "Kai's not going to make it out al-." I pushed him off me, not letting him finish his sentence.