The darkside

10 years later, many things had changed, Richard hadn't seen Hannah since the concert, George was really pissed off at having to see them each in their own way, in 1968 he had composed an album for the soundtrack of a movie with Jane Birkin who wa...

10 years later, many things had changed, Richard hadn't seen Hannah since the concert, George was really pissed off at having to see them each in their own way, in 1968 he had composed an album for the soundtrack of a movie with Jane Birkin who was friends with Hannah over her husband Serge Gainsbourg, and wanted her to do the bass part, but he also wanted Ringo on drums, which required an entire organization for everyone to play part without meeting, he asked Hannah to attend the premiere, but she refused knowing that Richard would be there especially with his wife, 10 years later she still didn't want to see him.

Richard on his side as Simon, sank into alcoholism and drugs, for 10 years of marriage he hadn't stopped to cheat his wife, he beat her regularly when he came home drunk, and despite everything she held up, not wanting to divorce, they now had 3 children, the Beatles had separated in 1970, and since Ringo sank more and more in Alcohol and drugs, fucking every girl he could, George was really sad to see his best friend sink so much.

For her part, Hannah struggled to keep Simon alive, it was already 7 overdoses that he had survived, wondering each time when would be the next one, she was furious with him, she had sacrificed her life for him, and he didn't make any effort, he was so wrecked that he couldn't play drums anymore.

Meanwhile, Hannah had really made a name for herself in music, she was known for her dark lyrics, little by little the rage had dissipated, to give way to an inspiring melancholy, she had met since Nicola, a man a little older than her, who also composed his songs, they were on the same wavelength artistically, as with Richard her relationship was sexual and passionate, that with Nicola it was intellectual and spiritual, they understood themselves without talk, and they were both heartbroken from their precedent relationship, they had slept one time together but didn't like it, they felt better in a relationship without sex, they had realized together, the title "un ange à ma table" talking about their old past loves disappointments, which was a real success in France, and in the French-speaking countries, one day Richard fell on the music video of the song, as he doesn't understand the lyrics, he became crazy to see the woman he love in the arms of another man, and even more beautiful than in his memories, he drank more than reason, beating poor Maureen again, and breaking all that he could.

In the spring of 1975, Simon had his eighth and last fatal overdose, Hannah found him inanimate, the syringe still beside him, they carried him with Ben to the hospital but it was too late, Hannah went into strong anger, hitting Simon's dead body with all her rage.

"you ruined my life, I lost the love of my life by your fault, how dare you abandon me, I hate you, go to hell"

She was furious and out of control, Ben didn't want her to attend the funeral, knowing that it would be too hard for her, for the first time in her life, she had always faced all trials with her head held up, felt herself falling into a bottomless pit.

Her relationship with Nicola couldn't seem to appease her pain, they remained very friends, but she didn't want any relationship anymore. The death of Simon had given her the memory of Richard in the face. Ben, David, and Astrid, who had all been married since, seeing her in such a state, relentlessly tooked turns each other to stay with her, fearing that she would do something stupid too, despite the death of Simon who had devastated her, she still hadn't cry, but spent his days locked up doing nothing, and black thoughts.

A month later, when she wasn't still well yet, she received a call.

"Hi, it's Maureen, the .."

"I know who you are, what do you want from me again and who the fuck give you my number?"

"It's George, I'm calling to tell you, that we're going to divorce with Ringo, he's gone out of control, he's just beating and cheating on me all the time"

"It's serves you right , the wheel's spinning, you wanted him, you got him, and well i don't give a fuck to your divorce, what it has to do with me?"

"Please Hannah, it's already humiliating enough to call you to add more, we're worried about Ringo's condition with George, and only you can help him."

"Ahahahah, sorry but it's too hilarious,you broke up my life 10 years ago, and now I have to help you, fuck you both!" 

"please Hannah, I'm really scared for his life, save him!"

"you're his wife, do your fucking wife job! it's none of my fucking business anymore, I didn't succeed in saving my own brother from drugs, I really don't know how to help a second drug addict, and i don't want to either, i have enough drama in my life to take care of this!"

"you're so heartless!"

"fuck you, and now pay the price of having fucked with my man behind my back "

She hung up the phone, then she called George right away.

"George, why did you give my fucking number to that fucking snake?"

"Listen Hannah, Ringo isn't doing  really well, I'm really scared for him, his my best friend and i know that you're the only one who can do something, i know that you still loving him."

"I'm so sorry Geo, but how do you want me to help anyone right now, I'm fighting myself for not sinking, I'm in a hole since Simon's death."

"He really needs help, it's gotten worse since he saw your music video with Nicola, he beat Maureen like never, she came to my house to seek help, I wanted to console her, but we ended up sleeping together and Pattie surprised us, she told Ringo everything, but he didn't care, he had no resentment against me, cause he can't stop thinking about you! "

"What the fuck have you done Geo? Poor Pattie"

"Yeah, she left me just after..."

"It's amazing how this woman loves to break couples with her cunt"

"don't be so rude, she suffer a lot of pain too, Ringo is a real monster with her, if you don't save him for him, do it for me at least, or for his mum Elsie, i know that you really appreciate her, she's totally desperate to see her son like this, and i will not bear to see my best friend die without having tried to help him."

"Geo, I can't manage myself, each time a new drama, which puts me on the ground, I can't really do anything, I'm really sorry."

"thanks anyway Hannah, I hope you'll find peace one day."