Prologue

"Let's quit pretending that we both love each other Cassey."

"Q-quit? I am hearing it wrong right?" Her voice can't help but quiver 

"You're hearing it right. Look, I need to stop pretending that I love you, I need space, I need to be alone."

"After,,, After.. Five years, you've been pretending to love me?.." an urge to cry is starting to built in her throat. "I can give you more time, space and I won't disturb you with that.. but.. please.. please don't.. break up .. with me Carl."

"Stop being so childish, Cassey."

"I'm. not pretending that I love you, because I do, I do love you Carl. Please tell me this is just a nightmare."

"I don't love you Cassey, I misunderstood for something called love." he said it straight without any doubts.

      Cassey was dying inside, she can't afford to accept the truth that the man she loved most is the man who will break her heart. She never loved someone more than she loved Carl. But she have to show him that she can also be brave. She stood up and walk towards Carl and slapped him hard.

"Thanks for the fucking dinner; I appreciate your effort of hurting me." She walked towards the exit of the garden, a while ago, she fought the urge to cry hard and when she had the chance to let it go, her tears didn't hesitated and it flooded her cheeks. You can find a man better than him. She comforted herself. 

       The night she assumed to be her best night turned out to be her worst night in. She thought Carl is going to propose to her because he never did something like renting a private garden for just the two of them and he even told her to prepare for a surprise. She expected a ring but instead, she got those tears of sorrow.