Chapter 16

“hey beautiful..” I said as I entered Katie’s dressing room, she’s sitting on a chair while letting her make-up artist Jhullan, which is also a girly-guy, take in-charge of her appearance. I stare at her while I lean at the door edge. One hour from now, she would be walking in the aisle. I sighed soundlessly.

“don’t worry dear, you’ll have your own wedding.” Katie said as if she’s reading my mind. Jhullan just smiled and went back to putting eyes shadows at Katie’s face.

“I wish.” I said in a low voice and went back downstairs to prepare Katie’s car. I felt happy for her. I told the driver that we would first go to the cemetery before going to the church; Katie would like to visit her foster parents before walking in the aisle.

                As you see, Katie has been adopted, her real parents, which she never saw, put her in an orphanage without any reason why. The sisters in the orphanage thought that Katie maybe is a fruit of a premarital sex. I am proud of her because she never really cared of what her past is, and she found a perfect man who could take care of her.

-*-

“hey Cass, do you think mom and dad would be proud of me for marrying James?” Katie spoke, breaking the silence in the cemetery.

I smiled at her. “of course, I can’t see why they wouldn’t. you are on the right age and James is not a smoker or a hard drinker and most especially he’s a real wild worth-craving man in bed.” I wink at her.

She looked at me surprised. “Tell me, you never had sex with James.” She said sounding worried. With that I blurt out a loud laugh. Sex? I’m still a freaking virgin!

“I’m still virgin Kate, well I always hear you talking to me about how good he is in bed….” I smiled at her and she still look at me with a doubt face “…but hey, don’t look at me like that, I never had any wet thoughts about him, I was just trying to make you cheer up.” this time, she laughed at me.

My phone buzzed and it was Kyle’s message asking me where are we, “Katie, it’s time to go, your groom is waiting.” I said at her. We walk back inside the car and went to the church. We arrived and the church door is closed but there were so many friends standing outside, waiting for Katie. I went out and help Katie with her gown and Kyle gave me a kiss in the air. All of the people that are part of the entourage prepared for their cue and just for about five minutes, the wedding ceremony started.

                The entourage started and the flower girls, ring bearer and the bride’s maid with the grooms men started to walk. Kyle and I were the last to walk before the bride. He offered his arm and I twirled my arm on to his.

“you look beautiful” I blushed from his complement.

“you look handsome.” I whispered and we started to walk. I know we were not the ones to get married but walking in the aisle felt like minutes and then I and Kyle parted. I look at him and he smiled at me, his smile that catches every girls eyes.

                I look at, at the far end of the aisle and saw Katie starting to walk forward. She look pretty with her long white gown, I love the way she look. I glance back at Kyle and see him smiling at me, I smiled back, somewhere in my head, hopes that I would also walk in an aisle where Kyle would wait for me in the altar. Sadness inside me filled me again but I manage to plaster a fake smile to hide the pain.

                The ceremony went well and fast, well not literally fast but time passes quickly. After Katie and James exchange vows, and some other things to complete the wedding ceremony, and finally ended, everyone went to the wedding reception at James house. The area was filled with happy smiles and all the congratulations and best wishes to the newly-weds. Everyone settled at their seat and look at the lovely pair sitting at the center-stage, happily smiling towards the guests.