Chapter 2

We arrived at the restaurant that he was telling me about at exactly seven p.m. By the looks of the place, I can tell that it was an expensive restaurant.

     He parked the car and told me to wait then he got out from the driver's seat and walked towards the front seat and opened it for me.

"Are you sure we arrived at the exact location?" 

"Yeah. Why?" He let out a soft chuckle.

"you know, uhh, I find this restaurant expensive." I know it sounded awkward but I thought he was just going to bring me to a normal restaurant, because that's what men do when they are just having a friendly dinner or a get-to-know dinner.

"Well, we are in the exact location." he smiled and offered me his arm and I held on to it.

"You know, I can get use to this." he flashed me a smile as we walked towards the entrance.

       An employee opened the door and greeted us. I was surprised when we came in, most of the diners are couples and this restaurant is really expensive and I never been treated to a first dinner like this, not even Carl brought me to an expensive restaurant when we first met.

"Good evening sir."

"A table for two please."

"Follow me sir."

    The employee led us to a table with white roses at the center. Kyle offered me a seat, then he sat in front of me.

"What do you want for dinner?" He asked me while he's reading the menu.

"Something with vegetables, you can just choose a food for me."

He smiled again, "my pleasure."

     He told the waiter what our order would be then he told us to wait for ten minutes. When the waiter walked away from us I can't help but feel uncomfortable with the silence and him, looking at me. I decided to break the silence and talk.

"You shouldn't have made an effort of treating me dinner here."

"Well you don't like to eat here?"

"It's not that I'm complaining but, uhh, you shouldn't treat strangers too good."

"Well we can just go to another food court if you want." I can see his expression turned dim and looked like I insulted him or rather disappoint him. So I quickly scanned some phrases inside my head.

"Well, I feel great that you brought me here, but I just can't see why you're..You’re being so nice to me."

"Life is too short to waste Cass, never treat people badly and show them doubts that you don't trust them. You're a friend of my cousin's girlfriend so your not a stranger after all." Then he smiled at me, the kind of smile that can make you calm. In return, I just smiled at him.

    Our food was served and I was about to start eating when an employee gave me a single pink thorn less rose. I looked at Kyle but he just smiled at me and told me he has nothing to do with it.

"uhmm, what's this for?" I tried to smell the rose and I like it's scent.

"That's a special rose ma'am, we give it to young couples who dine in here in our restaurant, It's a tradition to us." 

Kyle and me weren’t couples but instead of complaining, I simply said "thank you" 

    I looked at Kyle and I thought I saw his cheeks tinted a little red, but I know, mine was showing more redness.

"They thought we were together." I laughed and put the rose on my side. We started to eat.

"How are you going to spend your Christmas this year?" Kyle asked me.